[Gnso-newgtld-wg-wt5] Proposed Agenda - Work Track 5 - 22 August 2018 at 20.00 UTC

Greg Shatan gregshatanipc at gmail.com
Wed Aug 22 04:38:44 UTC 2018

While I hate the game of participants identifying areas of agreement
(rather than the co-chairs doing it), I’ll play anyway.  We probably have
some level of rough consensus on continuing the current treatment of (long
and short-form) country names, 2-letter codes and two character
letter-letter strings, and continuing to allow three-letter TLDs.  I don’t
see consensus beyond that.  Not on the treatment of ISO 3166-1 3 letter
codes (reserved indefinitely? available? if so, to whom? Govs only? Anyone
with gov support? What about non-geo uses, like .QAT?) (I hope this WT does
not drive me to chewing qat....). As Alexander notes, we don’t have it on
non-capital cities.  And we glossed over capital cities, so I’m not sure we
can even say we have considered consensus on that point.

I look forward to our Co-Chairs' evaluation of levels of agreement in the
group.

Greg