[Gnso-newgtld-wg-wt5] New gTLD Subsequent Procedures Sub Team – Track 5 – Geographic Names at the Top Level - Meeting 7 February 2018 at 14:00 UTC

Martin Sutton martin at brandregistrygroup.org
Mon Feb 5 09:53:31 UTC 2018

Dear all,

Our next WT5 meeting is scheduled for Wednesday 7th Feb at 14:00 UTC.  The proposed agenda for this meeting is:

Agenda

1. Welcome/Agenda Review/SOI updates (5min)

2. Update since last meeting (5min)

  *   ToR completed. (https://community.icann.org/display/NGSPP/Terms+of+Reference)
  *   Webinar prepared for WT5 members - History of Geographic Names at the Top Level at ICANN (8th Feb, 19:00 UTC).

3. Review of existing defined geographic terms (70min)

A spreadsheet was circulated to WT5 members 1 Feb which lists all of the individual geographic terms that were included in the AGB, together with the treatment determined by 2007 GNSO policies/principles and the treatment applied in the final AGB. The document can be accessed here - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1FuPEq0y-cdSUQ1nvhWKhVnG8PLaC2RYXsCpQu91FDqo/edit#gid=358523414.

WT5 will focus on each of the terms listed in column A of the spreadsheet, which are all the terms included in the existing AGB.

For each item, we will be discussing:
a) if it is a valid geographic term for the purposes of new gTLDs
b) the positive impact/merits based on the treatment applied to the term in the AGB
c) the negative impact/opportunities lost based on the treatment applied to the term in the AGB

Please ensure comments are relevant to these points and note that we will not be discussing future treatment at this stage.  However, the information gathered will help to inform our discussions at subsequent meetings.

4. Additional geographic terms (5min)

Members will be invited to submit additional geographic terms that are not covered by the existing terms. These will be considered at a subsequent WT5 meeting.

5. AOB (5min)

We look forward to your participation on Wednesday.

Kind regards

WT5 Co-Leaders
Annebeth Lange
Christopher Wilkinson