[Gnso-newgtld-wg-wt5] Action for WT5 Members - Definition of Geographic Terms

Jaap Akkerhuis jaap at NLnetLabs.nl
Tue Jan 16 22:07:40 UTC 2018

 Barrack Otieno writes:

 > Nick , Information on ISO standards is publicly available in my humble
 > opinion.

Informatio over the iso otganisations are freely available. However, the standards themselves
tend not to be. Some parts are avalable but one has t pat for the full standards
<https://www.iso.org/store.html>.

 > Having been involved in ISO Standards development processes i can
 > also attest to the fact that the processes are multi stakeholder

Note that ISO is a membership arganisation.

 > in nature
 > which grants it credibility and provides the right platform for complex
 > discussions involving Geographic names and territories.

It is not happening in TC 46/WG2, the owner if the ISO 3166 standard.
I'mm not aware where in the ISO organisation these discussions are
taking place.

Regards,

	jaap