[Gnso-newgtld-wg-wt5] Qualifying the threshold for requirement of letters of non-objection!

Alexander Schubert alexander at schubert.berlin
Wed Jun 6 01:08:33 UTC 2018

Liz,

first: We need to distinguish between CITY NAMES and other geo-names. The 2012 AGB defined a couple of categories – among others are “capital cities”; and “other cities”. I urge that we stay within ONE CATHEGORY and maybe solve the city problem separately from new to be introduced categories.

In regard to CITY NAMES: You seem to suggest that “for fairness and free speech” we need to provide access to everybody – so the highest bidder wins the name (or the singular applicant). You say that this would allow “dissenters” to exercise their “rights”. In the realm of city names: I can’t really imagine any cases.

If this problem resurfaces in a new to be introduced categories: Let’s discuss it in THAT context. But let’s not mix it with city names.

Thanks,

Alexander