[Gnso-newgtld-wg-wt5] New gTLD Subsequent Procedures PDP: Work Track 5 Comments

Greg Shatan gregshatanipc at gmail.com
Tue Jun 26 15:54:34 UTC 2018

Marita,

Please don't jump to conclusions.  I was responding to Alexander's email,
but I didn't want to do "inline" responses, since I find those tendentious
and tiresome unless absolutely necessary.  So I needed to say what part of
his email I was responding to.  This was a way to show what I was
responding to, but was not in any way an attempt to "discredit" the
positions or Alexander.  At no point did I say that any of his positions
were held only by Alexander.  I don't think it's appropriate when we are
discussing substantive issues to make claims about how many or how few
people support a given position.  I will leave it to our co-chairs to deal
with which positions are getting "traction" or not or, better yet, where
"common ground" can be found.

I could say that your email was an attempt to discredit me and the
positions I put forward, but that would be silly.  I hope you will
understand that your perception of my actions and intent was incorrect.  Of
course, there is no problem with an honest misunderstanding, and I will
assume that was all it was.

Best regards,

Greg