[Gnso-newgtld-wg-wt5] France seizes France.com from man who’s had it since ‘94, so he sues - Ars Technica

Annebeth Lange annebeth.lange at norid.no
Tue May 1 06:15:38 UTC 2018

Hi Greg

Thanks for your response. I am sorry that I was unclear. For me second level is totally different from first level, as there are so many possibilities today to have a name, be it geographical or purely generic, at second level, since there are so many TLDs now, after 2012. And it will be impossible for one «word» to register under all TLDs.

As there will be only one applicant that can have the same word at first level, as TLD, in my view france.com<http://france.com> and .france are different.

Kindly
Annebeth

Annebeth B Lange