[Gnso-newgtld-wg-wt5] "Intended Use" Discussion

Carlos Raul Gutierrez carlosraul at gutierrez.se
Mon May 7 15:21:05 UTC 2018

Hello Jeff,

this is a great way to start thinking outside of the Box!

I have already asked a few questions about "intended use". The first one
and most important is if there is overlap or not, with the late
introduction of PICs (public interest commitments) in the last round. My
specific question is if any other WT in this PDP is dealing with PICs,
and if yeas, what is the difference between PICs and "intended use",
other than have a policy based use of "intense use", which in my view
would be a great improvement to the fact that the last round had no
explicit bottom up policy for PICs.

For the time being I just want to stop here with this initial "AGB 2012
boundary" question, and wait for other ideas to start flowing.

---
Carlos Raúl Gutiérrez