[Gnso-newgtld-wg-wt5] Conference call: city names

Carlos Raul Gutierrez carlosraul at gutierrez.se
Mon May 7 22:34:46 UTC 2018

Alexander,

I like your practical idea in principle {population size cut-off}, but
why not thinking about "relative" size? Why not the 10 largest cities in
a country? Or the 3 largest cities in a sub-national region? Why not
give a chance to small countries and smaller populations?

_Please think about about poor LUZERN! They didn't join the Swiss
confederation right away in 1315. But after a few year they did 1332.
Just because Luzern is a small canton and Luzern city is much smaller
than quite a few Swiss cities I would hate if your cut-off rules would
leave Luzern out. I actually don't care much about Luzern, because
Lausanne is my city of citizenship and wouldn't like people across the
world "confusing" Lucerne Food with Lausanne, but since Lausanne joined
the confederation much later in 1536 and I used Luzern because somebody
suggested earlier to use it for a food company not even based in
Siwtzerland (a notational insult to Nestle by the way)._

Do you recognize how absurd this City Sub-Sub-Track is getting??????????
Frankly I think the CITY idea is getting us off-track badly.

---
Carlos Raúl Gutiérrez