[Gnso-newgtld-wg-wt5] COMMENT Re: Notes & Action Items - New gTLD Subsequent Procedures PDP Work Track 5 - 10 July 2019

lists at christopherwilkinson.eu lists at christopherwilkinson.eu
Wed Jul 10 17:31:47 UTC 2019

> On 10 Jul 2019, at 18:38, Julie Hedlund <julie.hedlund at icann.org <mailto:julie.hedlund at icann.org>> wrote:
>
> - Should be looking at which geographical terms, as defined, are not protected.  You can’t define the non-AGB terms -- that is the universe.  You can try to define the terms you are trying NOT to protect.

Hello:  There is a misunderstanding in the above text as it appears to be a summary of what I said in this afternoon’s call:

The purpose of the proposal is to reverse the burden of proof.  All geographical terms would be protected or reserved with the _exception_ of those explicitly NOT protected. Since I had to leave the call early, I would add that the latter might include grandfathering past mistakes, some of which were referred to during the call.

Regards

CW