[Gnso-newgtld-wg-wt5] Notes & Action Items - New gTLD Subsequent Procedures PDP Work Track 5 - 10 July 2019

Katrin Ohlmer | DOTZON GmbH ohlmer at dotzon.com
Fri Jul 12 08:08:32 UTC 2019

Dear All,

to make our proposed amendment more systematic, we could re-word it to:

The transposition of accented and diacritic characters in Latin-based scripts to their equivalent ASCII root."

This would protect for example sao-tome as a DNS-Label of São Tomé along-side the IDN version of the name (xn--so-tom-3ta7c).

If this still might lead to unclear rules, I'm happy to hear proposals how to solve the issue that no geoTLD applicant wishes to get an IDN TLD if with a simple amendment a "speaking" TLD would be possible..

Kind regards,
Katrin

DOTZON GmbH - digital identities for tomorrow
Akazienstrasse 28
10823 Berlin
Deutschland - Germany
Tel: +49 30 49802722
Fax: +49 30 49802727
Mobile: +49 173 2019240
ohlmer at dotzon.consulting
www.dotzon.consulting

Besuchen Sie uns auf LinkedIn.

DOTZON GmbH
Registergericht: Amtsgericht Berlin-Charlottenburg, HRB 118598
Geschäftsführer: Katrin Ohlmer
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Akazienstrasse 28, 10823 Berlin