[Gnso-newgtld-wg-wt5] Notes & Action Items - New gTLD Subsequent Procedures PDP Work Track 5 - 29 May 2019

Julie Hedlund julie.hedlund at icann.org
Wed May 29 22:37:30 UTC 2019

Dear Work Track 5 members,

Please see below the action items and notes from the Work Track 5 meeting today, 29 May 2019.  These high-level notes are designed to help WT5 members navigate through the content of the call and are not a substitute for the recording, transcript, or the chat, which will be posted on the wiki at: https://community.icann.org/display/NGSPP/2019-05-15+New+gTLD+Subsequent+Procedures+PDP+Work+Track+5.

Kind regards,

Julie

Julie Hedlund, Policy Director

Notes and Action Items:

1. Updates to Statements of Interests (SOIs):

-- From Bram Fudzulani: I was appointed the penholder for the AFRALO, and therefore will continue in this capacity going forward.

2. Approach for Next Steps

3. Summary Document Review

a. High-level impressions (Overall and preliminary recommendations)

-- Note that these are high-level impressions, not a listing of all comments (which already are cataloged).  This is to help us understand if we need to move significantly from our Initial Report.
-- Many commenters from "the other side" see the 2012 Rules as a compromise
that should be made explicit in this summary... see e.g. the general comments from Spain etc. and similar comments

b. Detail - Country and Territory Names

Two character letter-letter
-- needs clarification.

Alpha-3 codes listed in the IS0 3166-1 standard:
-- One WT member raised the issue of including currency codes in the discussion of Work Track 5.
-- Review of comments in favor of making alpha-3 codes available.
-- One WT member stated that 3-character codes are not within the scope of WT5.
-- Review of comments in favor of delegating with support/non-objection.
-- Long list of opposition to proposals on 3-letter codes. Does that reinforce what the WT has put forward as recommendations? WT5 members should review the comments on this topic and provide input on the list.

4. AOB
-- ICANN65 - Pre-Meeting webinars will provide information about the upcoming meeting. All are encouraged to register.
-- WT5 has two sessions scheduled for Monday.
-- Next meeting is Wednesday 5 June at 14:00 UTC.