[Gnso-newgtld-wg-wt5] Cancellation of WT5 call this Wednesday (18 September) and next steps

Julie Hedlund julie.hedlund at icann.org
Mon Sep 16 23:11:17 UTC 2019

Dear Work Track members,

Thank you all for your active participation in reviewing public comments and discussing final issues and proposals that were raised through that review process. This is a very difficult topic with many different perspectives, and we appreciate the time you have devoted to ensuring that these issues are fully considered.

The Work Track has now reviewed all of the comments and deliberated on the full set of issues in Work Track 5’s scope. As described in Section 2.2.1 of the GNSO Operating Procedures, it the job of the leadership team to manage the process so that all participants have the opportunity to contribute. At this stage in the process, the leadership team is confident that all Work Track 5 members have had an opportunity to contribute their ideas and positions on the issues Work Track 5 has been tasked with addressing. Therefore, it is time to conclude deliberations and prepare outputs that will be sent to the full Working Group.

The leadership team is now reviewing the materials coming out of the Work Track’s deliberations and beginning to draft proposed outcomes and supporting documentation for the Work Track’s review. In order to use your time as effectively as possible, the leadership team will be cancelling this week’s meeting to focus on preparing this material, which will be shared over the mailing list for your input. Next week’s call will remain on the calendar for the moment, and we will keep you all updated on our progress, which will inform whether a call will be needed next week.

As substantive deliberations have reached their end, we ask that members refrain from raising new issues or revisiting substantive debates over the mailing list.

Again, thank you all for your hard work and commitment.

Kind regards,

WT5 Co-Leaders
Olga Cavalli, Annebeth Lange, Javier Rúa-Jovet, Martin Sutton