[Gnso-newgtld-wg] Mp3, Attendance & AC Chat New gTLD Subsequent Procedures 16 May 2016

Michelle DeSmyter michelle.desmyter at icann.org
Tue May 17 01:23:57 UTC 2016

Dear All,

Please find the attendance of the call attached to this email and the MP3 recording below for the New gTLD Subsequent Procedures Working Group call held on Monday, 16 May 2016 at 22:00 UTC.

MP3: http://audio.icann.org/gnso/gnso-new-gtld-subsequent-16may16-en.mp3
 <http://audio.icann.org/gnso/gnso-new-gtld-subsequent-09may16-en.mp3http://audio.icann.org/gnso/gnso-new-gtld-subsequent-09may16-en.mp3>

http://gnso.icann.org/en/group-activities/calendar<http://gnso.icann.org/en/group-activities/calendar#nov>

Wiki page: https://community.icann.org/x/yAWOAw

Thank you.

Kind regards,

Michelle DeSmyter

-------------------------------

Adobe Connect chat transcript for Monday, 16 May 2016

Michelle DeSmyter:Dear All, Welcome to the New gTLD Subsequent Procedures WG call on Monday, 16 May 2016 at 22:00 UTC.
  Michelle DeSmyter:yes
  Janvier Ngnoulaye:Hi to All
  Sara Bockey:yes
  Dennis Chang:yes
  Steve Chan:@Avri, she's having some audio difficulties
  Steve Coates (Twitter):I can kick off, if necessary.
  Steve Chan:the feedback is unpleasant...
  Julie Hedlund:I can hear the buzz too!
  Steve Chan:yeah
  Dennis Chang:I hear it too
  Philip Corwin:That buzz is most annoying
  Klaus Stoll:Cricket with a bell
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO):especially through headset
  Susan Payne:no
  Karen:Hi Folks, I was traveling the past 2 weeks.
  Janvier Ngnoulaye:The sound is not fine at all
  Karen:Thanks
  Greg Shatan:Someone may have a cellphone too close to their landline phone.  Everyone should mute if they are not talking.
  Susan Payne:yes why don't we all try dropping off
  Klaus Stoll:Start the recording, start the meeting and call in the cricket hunter
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO):perhaps dial-out to them
  Greg Shatan:I t ried dropping off and coming back on....
  Julie Hedlund:@Greg: Did that help?
  Richard Padilla:Hello all glad the noise is over
  Janvier Ngnoulaye:Yes, it is quite well now
  Steve Chan:https://community.icann.org/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=58001974
  Greg Shatan:@Julie, made no difference, but the problem was solved not long after.....
  Steve Chan:@alan, thanks for the suggestions.
  Carlos Raul:Full time GNSO???? Who is full time GNSO......
  Greg Shatan:All GNSO, all the time....
  Alan Greenberg:@Carlos, those who are not actively part of (or running) other sessions in parallel with the GNSO sessions.
  Carlos Raul:@Alan I thought the whole purpose of the Schduel for helsinki was to amke progress on policy work, but never mind. We have Greg. :)
  Robert Burlingame (Pillsbury):Thank you Steve C.
  Steve Chan:I'm glad I have an excuse if that was fuzzy. It's 12:30 here in Amsterdam + jet lag.
  Greg Shatan:2 and 5 seem rather similar....
  Greg Shatan:in the last set
  Alan Greenberg:Is limits competition different from stifle competition?
  Julie Hedlund:@Avri: Probably could just use either one.
  Greg Shatan:Stifling competition is a bit different from being anticompetitive....
  Alan Greenberg:It's been a long day. I am just being argumentative!
  Greg Shatan:I vehemently disagree, Alan!
  Alan Greenberg:Shades of Monty Python...
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr  (CLO)::-)
  Julie Hedlund:@Greg: Maybe it could just be a trifle stifling :-)
  Carlos Raul:I redommend both of your to go to the argument clinic
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr  (CLO):I assume iCals will be sent to us for the meeting
  Greg Shatan:Not the Department of Redundancy Department?
  Steve Chan:@Cheryl, they will, but sometimes you just accept the meeting without looking at it :)
  Carlos Raul:Sayonara
  Steve Coates (Twitter):Cheryl - I'll folllow-up on that.  I don't have it on my calendar either.
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr  (CLO):Thanks everyone  a short call is always fine by me  :-)
  Philip Corwin:Bye all
  Greg Shatan:Au revoir!
  Richard Padilla:bye
  Robert Burlingame (Pillsbury):Thank you everyone.
  Julie Hedlund:Thanks all!
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr  (CLO):Bye
  Steve Chan:thanks