[Gnso-newgtld-wg] Mp3, Attendance & AC Chat New gTLD Subsequent Procedures WG 23 May 2016

Michelle DeSmyter michelle.desmyter at icann.org
Mon May 23 18:32:28 UTC 2016

Dear All,

Please find the attendance of the call attached to this email and the MP3 recording below for the New gTLD Subsequent Procedures Working Group call held on Monday, 23 May 2016 at 13:00 UTC.

MP3: http://audio.icann.org/gnso/gnso-new-gtld-subsequent-23may16-en.mp3  <http://audio.icann.org/gnso/gnso-new-gtld-subsequent-23may16-en.mp3>
<http://audio.icann.org/gnso/gnso-new-gtld-subsequent-16may16-en.mp3> <http://audio.icann.org/gnso/gnso-new-gtld-subsequent-09may16-en.mp3http://audio.icann.org/gnso/gnso-new-gtld-subsequent-09may16-en.mp3>

http://gnso.icann.org/en/group-activities/calendar<http://gnso.icann.org/en/group-activities/calendar#nov>

Wiki page: https://community.icann.org/x/hQyOAw

Thank you.

Kind regards,

Michelle DeSmyter

-------------------------------

Adobe Connect chat transcript for Monday, 23 May 2016

 Michelle DeSmyter:Dear All, Welcome to the New gTLD Subsequent Procedures WG call on Monday, 23 May 2016 at 13:00 UTC.
  Vanda SCARTEZINI:good day Michelle,
  Vanda SCARTEZINI:hola raul, como estas?
  Carlos Raul Gutierrez:Buenos dias Vanda. Todo pura vida aqui en Costa Rica. Como va el nuevo Gobierno?
  Vanda SCARTEZINI:I am arriving at my office, so may disconnect and reconnect  during may way throug elevators...
  Carlos Raul Gutierrez:connected trough my celphone. Thank you
  Carlos Raul Gutierrez:Safari is asking me for a new Adobe add-in
  Carlos Raul Gutierrez:and I dont trust them....
  Carlos Raul Gutierrez:anybody had the same message today?
  Michelle DeSmyter:Carlos, go thru this link to check your AC: https://arcps.adobeconnect.com/common/help/en/support/meeting_test.htm
  Jeff Neuman:hello all
  Michelle DeSmyter:you will probably have to reconnect your Adobe Connect after doing this
  Jeff Neuman:pretty low on attendance so far with 3 minutes to go.  I will likely start in 4 minutes
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr  (CLO):Hi all  Note I AM HERE not an apology after all
  Paul McGrady:Same for me.  I was not supposed to be to be here, but had a schedule change.
  Dietmar Lenden - Valideus Ltd:Thanks Jeff
  Jeff Neuman:Hello from Sunny Orlando....where I see a number of people on this call are calling in from....
  Carlton Samuels:Morning all
  Jeff Neuman:wow
  Jeff Neuman:mute please
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr  (CLO):ouch
  Carlos Raul:Txs Michelle
  Carlton Samuels:I hear "hello"...
  Michelle DeSmyter:I will private chat you Carlos
  Carlos Raul:I had to install the add-in and it is working in safari ight now
  Martin Sutton:Apologies for joining late
  Carlton Samuels:All else is quiet on the western front.
  Carlton Samuels:OK. Now I hear Michelle
  Dietmar Lenden - Valideus Ltd:wow
  Dietmar Lenden - Valideus Ltd:thanks for fixing
  Berry Cobb:Carlton, can you mute your AC mic please.
  Carlton Samuels:IT is Mute!
  Avri Doria:https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Gh8ugZAomD2AGNymmVRgKGP9TA2KQ7BkQbrRAEvsrxs/edit
  Dietmar Lenden - Valideus Ltd:yes
  Vanda SCARTEZINI:@raul, yes I got it too but just ignored
  Martin Sutton:no sound
  Alan Greenberg:very hard to hear
  Carlos Raul:lost susan
  Vanda SCARTEZINI:not clear sound
  Vanda SCARTEZINI:not a clear sound and now none
  Alan Greenberg:Can someone repeat what she said?
  Susan Payne:sorry - hopeless internet connection!
  Carlos Raul:BIG trouble today with Adobes new add-in  :(
  Susan Payne:I will type
  Steve Chan:@susan, agree with avri, the letters can be customized to the particular community body
  Carlos Raul:Pity Tom Dale is not on the call today to hear his reaction to Susnas suggestion
  Susan Payne:I am not sure how much you all heard.  I think you got the gist, that could we specifically ask the GAC to identify their WGs and what they are working on to drive early engagment.
  Vanda SCARTEZINI:yes Susna, clear now. you right may be needed to add some words  to make it more appropriate
  Susan Payne:I do wonder whether everyone will understasnd what is meant by "continuing mechanisms"
  Carlton Samuels:@Susan: GAC doing have traditional WGs and their decision-making protocol is by comparison, relatively bryzantine.
  Julie Hedlund 2:@Avri: I am taking notes also.
  jorge cancio (GAC Switzerland):Hi - as I'm attending this call (or trying to), perhaps I could help somehow on GAC matters?
  Carlton Samuels:@Avri: We have a major definitional challenge with the category "community".
  Carlos Raul:ok Avri, will take an English as a second language look....
  Vanda SCARTEZINI:Carlos, youRight. some trasnlations made driven to worng interpretation
  Vanda SCARTEZINI:sorry so mnay typos
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr  (CLO):yes we will lneed to watch the matters of interpretation carefully  and ensure question meaning doand opnness is not altered
  Vanda SCARTEZINI:procedures to apply is one problem but procedures to get the approval is much more demanding of modifications
  Carlos Raul:get more coffee for Avri
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr  (CLO)::-)
  Carlos Raul::-)
  Katrin Ohlmer | DOTZON:+1 Alan
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr  (CLO)::-)
  Carlton Samuels:@Alan: +1. That is a killer. What we need is a well-defined protocol to address any question that arise during the process
  Carlos Raul:Good point to be carefull about the difference between applicants, users and people who don´t care at all.........
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr  (CLO):Or don't know but are effected
  Jian Chang_KNET:+ 1 to Kristina
  Jian Chang_KNET:it's not only for applicants, but for many other stakeholders
  Vanda SCARTEZINI:right Carlton. first round for brand for instance I had several question to one applicant I was help here and it was almost impossible  to get a clear feedback.
  Kristina Rosette (Amazon):Any examples of what might be a "special post PDP policy consideration method"?
  Carlton Samuels:I don't like the idea of an issue on which hangs an application is not deemed "resolved" to settle the applicant!
  Kristina Rosette (Amazon):@Avri: Thanks.  I think the question should also ask "and, if yes, what do you propose"?  Read literally the special post PDP policy consideration method question only asks for a "Yes" or "No" answer.
  jorge cancio (GAC Switzerland):Perhaps it's just me, but I'm not sure about the link between the overall question 5 and some of the subquestions.
  Carlton Samuels:A legitimate response might be "we didn't anticipate this one and it appears the policy framework is silent here. But this is our feeling on what must be done." Where there is no policy then make your best decision and close the matter!
  jorge cancio (GAC Switzerland):What is meant with "community" in this question and what is meant with "processes"?
  Jian Chang_KNET:Many applicants for the new round of TLDs may come from the traditionl industries. It will be quite challenging to reach out and engage these people
  Amr Elsadr:Agree with Alan. There are existing GNSO mechanisms to make post PDP policy considerations. The question (as I understand it) is asking whether further mechanisms are necessary. For this question to be answered, the respondent would need to understand the GNSO mechanisms, and point out why they are insufficient, and how further mechanisms would add value.
  Rudi Vansnick:@Amr + 1
  Kristina Rosette (Amazon):+1 to Amr.  And, depending on what is proposed, amendments to the bylaws would be necesary.
  Jian Chang_KNET:My comment is for the first sub-question about enable "greater community engagement".
  jorge cancio (GAC Switzerland):As to the last question: wouldn't it be advisable to inform SO/AC/C that there are other phases foreseen where a number of topics are planned to be tackled?
  Carlos Raul:shit happens
  Jian Chang_KNET:for the open question, should we discuss the application fee? e.g., the upper limit of application fee
  jorge cancio (GAC Switzerland):not yet? :P
  Robert Burlingame (Pillsbury):Should first question under Q6 be clarified to indicate that we are talking about the number of total applications from all applicants?
  Steve Chan:@Jorge, this concept is touched on in the introductory section. Perhaps you can take a look and see if it's sufficient?
  Carlos Raul:@Alan i thnk they are good to get a feeling of the temparature in the room
  Carlos Raul:very valuable by the way
  jorge cancio (GAC Switzerland):@Steve: do not underestimate how quickly people read things - perhaps a note refering back to that piece of info could work
  Carlos Raul:I agree with Avri that it is a good time to take stake. We are just a very small sample of the community and we better take the time right now if there is only one way forward. or people have 3 different ways forward.
  Steve Chan:@Jorge, fair point, and we'll look to adding a reference like you suggest
  Carlos Raul:$1 for paul McGrady for use the R word
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr  (CLO):I suspec5
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr  (CLO):should rad suspect a second coffee is in Avri's nnear future ;-)
  Carlos Raul:Dear Staff I dont get the full width of the slides on my screen
  Carlos Raul:ok
  Carlos Raul:sorry
  Carlos Raul:$1 for Jeff
  Steve Chan:You can find the recordings on this page: https://www.icann.org/gddsummit
  Steve Chan:The session that Jeff is describing is from day one, Part 1, at around the 2hr 15 minute mark
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr  (CLO):Thx Steve
  Carlos Raul:Good call. We made $2 so far. Please staff invoice Jeff and Paul. Don´t bill Akram, because Staff can´t be charged
  Sara Bockey:It was mentioned at GDD, I believe by Jeff, to call it "application window" instead of the "R" word.
  Carlos Raul:As co Chair of the subsequent roudns,e charge $10 he should b
  Rubens Kuhl:I would add that only 3 specific back-end providers came out against starting an accreditation process right now.
  Carlos Raul:Excellentt summary Jeff, thank you
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr  (CLO):no holdng anything against you Jeff
  Carlton Samuels:Have to run to another call.  Bye all
  Karen Day:+1 Paul
  Avri Doria:I have to drop off right at the end.  i again encourge everyone to review and comment on the CC1 doc this week.
  Paul McGrady:Yes, but INTA has several members on this call right now, even during their Annual Meeting
  Sara Bockey:thank you all
  Paul McGrady:Thanks Jeff!  Thanks Avri!
  Dietmar Lenden - Valideus Ltd:Tthanks all have a great day
  Robert Burlingame (Pillsbury):Thank you.
  Amr Elsadr:Thanks all. Bye.
  Martin Sutton:Thanks, bye
  Kristina Rosette (Amazon):By all
  Katrin Ohlmer | DOTZON:thank you
  Vanda SCARTEZINI:very good meeting
  Vlad Dinculescu:thanks all
  Susan Payne:thanks all
  Jeff Neuman:by the end of this I will owe hundreds of dollars
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr  (CLO):bye  for now then
  Vanda SCARTEZINI:thank you all
  Rudi Vansnick:bye