[Gnso-newgtld-wg] Mp3, Attendance & AC Chat for New gTLD Subsequent Procedures WG call on Monday, 30 January 2017 at 15:00 UTC

Michelle DeSmyter michelle.desmyter at icann.org
Mon Jan 30 19:48:17 UTC 2017

Dear All,

Please find the attendance of the call attached to this email and the MP3 recording below for the New gTLD Subsequent Procedures Working Group call held on Monday, 30 January 2017 at 15:00 UTC. Attendance of the calls is also posted on the agenda wiki page:

MP3:  http://audio.icann.org/gnso/gnso-new-gtld-subsequent-30jan17-en.mp3
 <http://audio.icann.org/gnso/gnso-new-gtld-subsequent-08sep16-en.mp3>

http://gnso.icann.org/en/group-activities/calendar<http://gnso.icann.org/en/group-activities/calendar#nov>

Wiki page: https://community.icann.org/x/krHDAw
 <http://audio.icann.org/gnso/gnso-new-gtld-subsequent-30jan17-en.mp3>

Thank you.

Kind regards,

Michelle

-------------------------------

Adobe Connect chat transcript for Monday, 30 January 2017

 Michelle DeSmyter:Dear All, Welcome to the New gTLD Subsequent Procedures Working Group call on Monday, 30 January 2017 at 15:00 UTC.
  Michelle DeSmyter:Meeting page: https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__community.icann.org_x_krHDAw&d=DwICaQ&c=FmY1u3PJp6wrcrwll3mSVzgfkbPSS6sJms7xcl4I5cM&r=8_WhWIPqsLT6TmF1Zmyci866vcPSFO4VShFqESGe_5iHWGlBLwwwehFBfjrsjWv9&m=yi4WNcmscD89TdGDjH63owwTXtglUYEOhSIYENWtGhM&s=QjHcW2kRwhGv08zVC_0Vd3rFzQp3gIbqBtj03dx1PZw&e=
  Kavouss Arasteh:Pls kindly advise to dial me up
  Kavouss Arasteh:Pls kindkly advise to dial me up
  Kavouss Arasteh:Kavouss
  Kavouss Arasteh:Pls kindly advise for dial up
  Kavouss Arasteh:Dear Stve
  Karen Day:avri you are very very quite
  Kavouss Arasteh:It is a headacke to attend this meeting$
  Steve Chan:Kavouss, Michelle is having some AC issues. I've just let her know to provide you with a dial out.
  Vaibhav Aggarwal, NCSG:Hello Team
  Vaibhav Aggarwal, NCSG:Greetings
  Kavouss Arasteh 2:PLS PLS SPEAK SLOWLYT
  Vaibhav Aggarwal, NCSG:Excellent Point
  Vaibhav Aggarwal, NCSG::-)
  Kavouss Arasteh 2:NOISE
  Jeff Neuman:Sara, we will come back to you
  Jeff Neuman:Michael?
  Jeff Neuman:yes
  Vanda Scartezini:good morning from LA. I can stay just half hour - I am here fro an ICANN regional meeting that will start in half hour
  Jeff Neuman:Terms of Use
  Jeff Neuman:for the Application
  Kavouss Arasteh 2:Terms and Conditions on what pls ?
  Jeff Neuman:Module 6 of the Applicant Guidebook
  Kavouss Arasteh 2:Then we should say that
  Sara Bockey:i hear a fax
  Jeff Neuman:This has been a test of the emergency broadcast system
  Rubens Kuhl:Karen, you need to rewind a little.
  Jeff Neuman:Someone is breathing heavy on the phone
  Robin Gross:sounds good, thanks!
  Susan Payne:thanks!
  Kavouss Arasteh 2:I prefer e-mail. I have difficulties to read Google Doc.
  Jeff Neuman:nope
  Jim Prendergast:yes
  Phil Buckingham:If  WT2 participants could fill out the doodle poll  on a suggested  time change ( after our next call 2 February ) - that would be much appreciated. . Michael and myself  would  prefer  a later time than the current  20.00 UTC  - up to 24.00 UTC on alternate Thursdays  . Please put you suggestions to the list ..Thks .
  Kavouss Arasteh 2:May we take it Pra. by Pra. pls
  Jon Nevett:The application fee question seems to be pretty leading imo
  Vanda Scartezini:agree
  Kavouss Arasteh 2:What is the criteria to decide or identify who is middle applicant
  Vanda Scartezini: yes Kavouss - i will need to leave  for another meeting here in ICANN - will read it later on. have a  productive meeting
  Phil Buckingham:so is the cost ( recovery )  to be flexed according to the number of applications ?
  Phil Buckingham:it is a cart before the horse scenario
  Sara Bockey:Sure, no problem
  Jon Nevett:take out the givens
  Jon Nevett:but happy to do it offline
  Jon Nevett:sounds good
  Jon Nevett:you got it
  Kavouss Arasteh 2:Should there be some sort of periodical review of cost recovery value
  Steve Chan:@Jeff, maybe we could ask a question related to Phil's question re: the unknown number of incoming applications?
  Rubens Kuhl:I think the recurring fees is more of a deterrance to squatting than application fees, unless they move into 7-digits.
  Jeff Neuman:All good questions to add
  Trang Nguyen:A reminder that a portion of the $185K was allocated to the risk fund. Whatever the method to be used in the future should consider how the risk fund should be accounted for.
  Rubens Kuhl:It seems that part of the users are connected to others with a high delay. Quite possibly the AC to phone bridge link.
  Alexander.gay:Please also factor in "abuse": Porfolio applicants will simply form shell companies in "developing countries" to save fees!
  Kavouss Arasteh 2:THere is more than one cost recovery model as well as more than one method on how to calculate cost recovery fees
  Alexander.gay:The lottery could be BUILT IN by a random number assignment during aplication!
  Alexander.gay:*application
  Steve Chan:Channeling ICANN legal, I would suggest using a different word than lottery.
  Jeff Neuman:@steve....how about "sweepstakes" :)
  Vaibhav Aggarwal, NCSG:Shell Companies need to go through Veetting process of the APplicant
  Vaibhav Aggarwal, NCSG:that is already part of the process
  Vaibhav Aggarwal, NCSG:@jeff :-)
  Steve Chan:As long as it's not lottery and is able to be legally supported by ICANN, sure! :)
  Rubens Kuhl:Alexander, that can be dealt with by defining registration restrictions that larger operators wouldn't like. If applicant support requires not selling to registrants in OECD countries, (Spec 12 Registration Restrictions, as for Community TLDs), no commercial interest doing so.
  Alexander.gay:90
  Alexander.gay:In my opinion the period of actual application acceptance doesn't really matter. What matters is that there is sufficient time to create a meaningful application once the deadline is announced!
  Donna Austin, Neustar:Application Submission Period may want to include questions about advertising the submission period.
  Donna Austin, Neustar:Correct Jeff
  Alexander.gay:The portfolio applicants can churn out run of the mill applications within 24h. But if we want MEANINGFUL applications by for example geo entities or communities: They need time to put togeher consensus policy!
  Steve Chan:@Kavouss., I've updated the header from "WT" to "Work Track" in the Google document
  Vaibhav Aggarwal, NCSG:Appologies have to rush for another meeting. will catch up on the notes :-)
  Vaibhav Aggarwal, NCSG:Have a good One
  Kavouss Arasteh 2:Avri, are we on section 3 pls
  Sara Bockey:Kavouss you are a bit muffled.  Can you speak louder?
  Steve Chan:Staff will make sure the questions are provided in the same place (e.g., in the table above or in the Annex)
  Rubens Kuhl:A possible question would be on possible implementations of community priority. Priority can be different from death warrants for non-community applicants.
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO):comments only open until EOM for WT4
  Rubens Kuhl:Tks Kavouss.
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO):BYE
  Katrin Ohlmer, DOTZON:Bye, all - see/hear next time.
  Sara Bockey:thanks all!