[Gnso-newgtld-wg] 1.9 - Community Applications

Jamie Baxter jamie at dotgay.com
Thu Jun 14 02:04:28 UTC 2018

Dear Working Group members,

Some additional comment for tomorrows call regarding section 1.9 that was
just released tonight. I am extremely disappointed to be missing this
particular call given that Community Applications are on the agenda.

f. Deliberations

1. Second bullet point - I believe this is intended to say "only after the
2012 application window closed;"

2. Although mentioned in other sections, it is worth repeating concerns
discussed in the WT about the lack of redress or appeal on substantive
matters including: errors of fact, misinterpretations, visibility or
challenge to research cited and relied upon by CPE providers, content
expertise, etc.

3. Concern about contractual agreements ICANN knowingly made with CPE
providers that prevented transparency of CPE documents and other related
materials (as evidenced by recent threats by EIU to sue ICANN if information
was released)

4. How successful Reconsideration Requests about CPE are addressed when
there is only one CPE Provider to be sent back to for what ICANN has called
a "new" CPE. This raises concerns about applicants ability to receive a fair
and unbiased CPE from a CPE Provider that was shown to have mishandled their
application on first attempt. The original plan by ICANN was to contract
with two CPE Providers, which would have at minimum offered the applicant an
alternative to their prior mishandling.

I will absolutely review the recording following the meeting and offer
anything further at that time.

Much thanks

Jamie

Jamie Baxter

dotgay LLC

 <mailto:jamie at dotgay.com> jamie at dotgay.com

 <http://www.dotgay.com/> www.dotgay.com

A Certified LGBT Business Enterprise (LGBTBE)

Please join us on Facebook at  <http://www.facebook.dotgay.com/>
www.facebook.dotgay.com

and follow us at  <http://www.twitter.com/dotgay> www.twitter.com/dotgay

---