[Gnso-newgtld-wg] Three Guardrails for Voluntary PICs/RVCs

Kathy Kleiman kathy at kathykleiman.com
Mon Nov 23 16:44:26 UTC 2020

Hi All,You may have seen the piece on voluntary PICs that EFF
circulated yesterday on its
blog: https://www.eff.org/deeplinks/2020/11/icann-can-stand-against-censorship-and-avoid-another-org-debacle-keeping-content
Today I share a new document - THREE GUARDRAILS FOR VOLUNTARY PICS AND
REGISTRY VOLUNTARY COMMITMENTS - elaborating on the three-part
solution that EFF offered yesterday. To borrow a phrase from the great
Paul McGrady, we would probably call this 3-part solution "Guardrails"
for voluntary PICs and RVCs.  We offer these Guardrails as a step
forward to our mutual goal of voluntary PICs and RVCs which fall
within the scope and mission of ICANN.
I look forward to our discussion today and moving forward together on
this important topic.Best, Kathy (Kleiman)