[Gnso-ppsai-pdp-wg] Setting up WG calls and the first meeting, and other information

Mary Wong mary.wong at icann.org
Tue Nov 26 19:01:44 UTC 2013

Dear All,

Thank you for volunteering for the Privacy & Proxy Services Accreditation
Issues Policy Development Process Working Group! For those who were able to
attend the WG's informal meeting last week in Buenos Aires, whether in
person or remotely, we hope you found it useful. Please find below some
additional preliminary information as well as a Doodle poll that will allow
us to set a time for the first formal WG meeting as well as (hopefully)
recurring weekly meetings.

First official meeting
In order to determine a suitable time for the first formal meeting of the
WG, please complete the following Doodle poll:
http://doodle.com/66rfzwz9y8ct8ihv. As we¹ll be looking to start recurring
weekly meetings, please complete the poll with that in mind (i.e. indicate
your typical availability for the proposed times / days). We have tried to
accommodate various time zone differences as far as possible.

Statements of Interest
As requested by Glen in the confirmation email that you received after
signing up for this WG, please provide a Statement of Interest by going to
the SOI Wiki site that is located at: https://community.icann.org/x/cYLg
<https://community.icann.org/x/cYLg>  if you have not done so yet. You will
need to use your Confluence Login ID and Password to access this space
within the Wiki site. If you are a new Confluence user these should have
been provided to you; please let me know if you have not yet received them.
We will be adding the full list and affiliations of each WG member shortly,
as agreed during the Buenos Aires meeting.

Recommended materials to review prior to the first meeting
Please review the materials posted on the WG wiki (see
https://community.icann.org/x/9iCfAg) prior to the first meeting, which
include the WG Charter, the GNSO Working Group Guidelines and other
information relating to the GNSO Policy Development Process. Under
Background Documents, you will find some of the documents discussed during
the Buenos Aires meeting, including the 2013 RAA (which includes the
temporary Privacy & Proxy Specification), the Whois Review Team Report and
other materials. As discussed in Buenos Aires, ICANN staff will compile some
of the most relevant document extracts, definitions and other useful terms
and work into a Summary Document that we will circulate to the WG prior to
the first official meeting.

This wiki is also the workspace for the WG, and we will be adding more
information and materials as the WG progresses with its work.

If you have any questions or comments, please let me know. We will confirm
the date and time of the first meeting once your responses to the Doodle
poll (linked above) are received, and send around a proposed agenda.

Thanks and cheers

Email: mary.wong at icann.org

* One World. One Internet. *