[Gnso-ppsai-pdp-wg] MP3 PPSAI WG - Tuesday 08 April 2014 at 1400 UTC

Terri Agnew terri.agnew at icann.org
Tue Apr 8 15:44:44 UTC 2014

Dear All,

Please find the MP3 recording for the Privacy and Proxy Services
Accreditation Issues PDP Working group call held on Tuesday 08 April 2014 at
14:00 UTC at:

 <http://audio.icann.org/gnso/gnso-ppsa-20140408-en.mp3>
http://audio.icann.org/gnso/gnso-ppsa-20140408-en.mp3

On page:

 <http://gnso.icann.org/en/group-activities/calendar%23mar>
http://gnso.icann.org/en/group-activities/calendar#apr

Calendar page:

 <http://gnso.icann.org/calendar/> http://gnso.icann.org/calendar/

Attendees:

Luc Seufer - RrSG

Graeme Bunton - RrSG

Tim Ruiz - RrSG

Sarah Wyld - RrSG

Steve Metalitz - IPC

Kathy Kleiman - RySG

Darcy Southwell - RrSG

Libby Baney - BC

Phil Marano - IPC

Valeriya Sherman - IPC

Roy Balleste - NCUC

Holly Raiche - ALAC

Susan Prosser - RrSG

Kristina Rosette - IPC

Justin Macy - BC

Jim Bikoff - IPC

David Heasley - IPC

Amr Elsadr - NCUC

Michele Neylon - RrSG

Don Moody -IPC

Marie-Laure Lemineur - NPOC

Alex Deacon - IPC

Osvaldo Novoa - ISPCP

Emily Emanuel - BC

Jennifer Standiford - RrSG

James Bladel - RrSG

Volker Greimann - RrSG

Gema Campillos - GAC

Tatiana Khramtsova - RrSG

Apologies:

Carlton Samuels - ALAC

Maria Farrell - NCUC

Paul McGrady - IPC

Tobias Sattler - RrSG

ICANN staff:

Marika Konings

Mary Wong

Amy Bivins

Margie Milam

Mike Zupke

Terri Agnew

Mailing list archives:

 <http://mm.icann.org/pipermail/gnso-ppsai-pdp-wg/>
http://mm.icann.org/pipermail/gnso-ppsai-pdp-wg/

Wiki page:

 <https://community.icann.org/x/9iCfAg> https://community.icann.org/x/9iCfAg

Thank you.

Kind regards,

Terri Agnew

-------------------------------

Adobe Connect chat transcript for Tuesday 08 April 2014:

Marika Konings:Welcome to the PPSAI WG meeting of 8 April 2014

  Libby Baney:Good morning / afternoon

  Terri Agnew:Hello Libby

  Osvaldo Novoa:Hello everyone

  Valeriya Sherman:Morning! David Heasley is on the call

  Valeriya Sherman:also

  Terri Agnew:Emily Emanuel has joined

  Terri Agnew:Jennifer Standiford has joined

  Terri Agnew:Michele Neylon has joined

  Mary Wong:The EWG Survey Results Summary you see on screen here has been
uploaded to the WG wiki.

  Graeme
Bunton:https://community.icann.org/download/attachments/47264616/EWG%20PP%20
Survey%20Summary%20of%20Results%2014%20March.pdf?version=1&modificationDate=
1396885484000&api=v2

  Terri Agnew:David Heasley has joined

  Terri Agnew:Susan Prosser has joined

  Terri Agnew:Luc Seufer has joined

  Bladel:James Bladel joined.  Apologies for my tardiness.

  Terri Agnew:James I have you added to attendance

  Terri Agnew:Amr Elsadr has joined

  Amr Elsadr:Hi. Dialling in now.

  steve metalitz:Could staff circulate link to Appendix to EWG survey
response summary  (see reference in footnote 1)?

  Mary Wong:On the EWG survey results, it may be helpful for WG members (and
their respective SG/Cs) to indicate which (if any) of the findings they
think useful for the WG to discuss or fold into our deliberations (and which
category/question).

  Terri Agnew:Marie Laure Lemineur has joined

  Mary Wong:@Steve, can you clarify the document that has the FN?

  steve metalitz:The doc first posted in the Adobe room this morning.

  Mary Wong:Ah, thanks - we will locate and send it ASAP. Thanks!

  Bladel:The first two sentences of this comment are so generally obvious as
to be non-valuable.

  Michele Neylon:which comment are we looking at?

  Mary Wong:@Michele, the one by Jim Bikoff and his colleagues.

  Graeme Bunton:now on to the 2nd comment

  Luc Seufer:Basic resp. ...

  Sarah Wyld - Aplus.net:@Michele you can scroll through the doc

  Michele Neylon:I am ..

  Amr Elsadr:@Graeme: Yeah..., I thought we were still on question 2 today.
I guess I missed something.

  Terri Agnew:Phil Marano has joined

  Bladel:I'll dial in.

  Mary Wong:@Amr, the WG agreed to "park" the outstanding further issues
from Q2 for further review, for now.

  Amr Elsadr:Thanks Mary. I dialled in a few minutes late.

  Mary Wong:No worries - hopefully this update will also be helpful to other
WG members who may have missed it!

  Graeme
Bunton:https://community.icann.org/download/attachments/47264616/PPSAI%20%C2
%AD%20Category%20B%20%C2%AD%20Question%203%20-%20Updated%2018%20March%202014
.doc?version=1&modificationDate=1396964189101&api=v2

  Amr Elsadr:+1 @Michele as well as transfer of registrant data across legal
jurisdictions with a "thick" whois policy, but that's another story!! :)

  Kathy Kleiman:I think what James says makes sense

  Kathy Kleiman:It leaves room for the p/p services as they exist now
(largely separate and independent) and in the future, where some may merge
or there may be joint services

  Bladel:Kathy: Yep. They could become resellers of multiple registrars.

  Volker Greimann:we require the registrant to use the data of the new
privacy provider into the whois _before_ a transfer

  Terri Agnew:Volker I have added you to attendance

  Luc Seufer:I think every country has some sort of gag order

  Luc Seufer:so not sure about this distinction

  Kathy Kleiman::-) Michele

  Amr Elsadr:@James: Being too specific on accreditation may not be the way
to go, but a blanket requirement of following due process as per the
governing legal jurisdiction could work, couldn't it?

  Bladel:Agree with Michele.  It is up the the risk tolerance of the servie
provider (and the cost).

  Bladel:@Amr:  Yes, that aligns with other policies and the RAA as well.

  Terri Agnew:Gema Campillos has joined

  Kathy Kleiman:Sanity?!

  Bladel:They registered a domain name, so they must be hiding something. :)

  Libby Baney:Good point Michele

  steve metalitz:Agree that accreditation standards should be minimum
standards.

  Bladel:lol.

  Libby Baney:@Michele, +1

  Holly Raiche:That statement is aalready in the Final Whois Review Team
Report

  Bladel:+1.  It's no more suspicious than an unlisted phone number or
joinign the "do not call" list.

  Amr Elsadr:@Kathy: +1. It would be nice that p/p customers are not by
default villains. :)

  Amr Elsadr:not perceived to be villains.

  Kathy Kleiman:Yeah!

  Kathy Kleiman:Can we codify or show strong support as a WG for Michele's
comments?

  Michele Neylon:which one of my comments?

  Darcy Southwell:@Kathy:  Totally agree that p/p customers cannot be
immediately assumed to be bad actors just because they bought the service.

  Amr Elsadr:@Steve: Agree on minimum standards.

  Kathy Kleiman:@Darcy: tx!  Let's codify that as a finding of this WG

  Gema Campillos:Hi everyone, Steve is giving some sensible ideas.

  Kathy Kleiman:@Michele: supporting operation of p/p under national laws
(theirs)

  Bladel:Agree with Steve, and that mirrors the Registrars Accrditation
program.

  Kathy Kleiman:Marika: 4th point - the deference to national law (in the
jurisdiction of the registrar and p/p provider)

  Terri Agnew:Tatiana Khramtsova has joined

  Tim Ruiz:A lot has been said in the past about Registrant Rights, and a
document now exists explaining those rights. So it should be perfectly clear
to p/p customers as to how those rights are affected or modified by the p/p
provider. My two cents.

  Kathy Kleiman:Would it be possible (needed) to have a longer briefing on
transfer policies and issues (for those of us who don't work on this issue
regularly)?

  Kathy Kleiman:something a little more formal?

  Marika Konings:James actually provided a very good overview to the IRTP WG
that we have recorded so I can share that

  Michele Neylon:Kathy - I was going to offer bribery

  Luc Seufer:If only we knew someone that has chaired IRTP WG from A to D

  Bladel:Um.

  Kathy Kleiman:@Michele: how much?

  Amr Elsadr:Thanks Marika.

  Bladel:not sure what I was just drafted for, but happy to help.

  Kathy Kleiman:Tx James!

  Bladel:Just ping me offline.

  Amr Elsadr:hehehe..., and thanks James.

  Kathy Kleiman:Tx Graeme!