[Gnso-ppsai-pdp-wg] Following up today's discussion on transferring names

Volker Greimann vgreimann at key-systems.net
Tue Apr 15 15:40:58 UTC 2014

Hi,

maybe one clarification. The reactions I described (Whois inaccuracy
complaints, etc) only apply to unauthorized transfers. We have on one
occasion allowed a customer to transfer with the service intact,
provided they confirmed that they would update the whois within 5 days
after the transfer (which we then manually checked). In that case we
also confirmed that the domain was not visibly used for nefarious
purposes. But that was a one-off. The manual handling required makes
this highly uneconomically.

Volker