[Gnso-ppsai-pdp-wg] Follow up actions from the call yesterday

John Horton john.horton at legitscript.com
Thu Jan 9 05:08:37 UTC 2014

Hi Mary,

I don't have an objection to sending out your clean version in the
interests of time (with one small exception below). Since the objective of
the document is to elicit information, I think that the existing questions
adequately identify some of the issues and seek viewpoints.

However, I would agree with Kathy that defining "specific purpose" is
necessary, because I don't think a typical reader will understand the
existing language. (I didn't.) But I think this is a minor edit. Would it
be accurate and unobjectionable to modify that sentence to read:

   - Should ICANN-accredited privacy/proxy service providers be required to
   reveal customer identities in response to cease-and-desist letters?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think that's what you explained that
"specific purpose" means in this context.

As to definitions of p/p provider and relay/reveal, I would agree that it
would be preferable to define those if possible, but I think that those
terms may be more intuitive, comparatively. (?) On other topics, I do think
that there are some questions for which it would be useful to know the
community's viewpoint, but I think it's fine to carve those out separately
and continue discussion about how to best broach those issues as a group.

Thanks,

John Horton
President, LegitScript

*Follow LegitScript*: