[Gnso-ppsai-pdp-wg] FW: Privacy and Protection Service Accreditatio

ebw at abenaki.wabanaki.net ebw at abenaki.wabanaki.net
Mon Jan 13 22:27:30 UTC 2014

n Issues Working Group

4DB69724FA218A75B3B6ABB1856ABDB79 at EXBE-10.hs.local>
Comments: In-reply-to Jim Bikoff <jbikoff at sgbdc.com>
   message dated "Mon, 13 Jan 2014 22:05:03 +0000."
--------
Jim,

For the benefit of our European contributors, and also some of our OEDC
contributors, it may be helpful to refer to "Data Collection" as well as
"Privacy".

As an example of hypthetical operational practices by a hypothetical
registrar which treated differently in "privacy" and "data protection"
regimes is how long data is retained by a data collector (the registrar).

Under a "privacy" regime infinite retention of Personally Ientification
Information (PII) may not be noticed to the data originating party. Under
a "data protection" regime the retention period is disclosed to the data
originator.

Eric