[Gnso-ppsai-pdp-wg] Carlton's closing chat question

Holly Raiche h.raiche at internode.on.net
Sun Jan 19 21:38:55 UTC 2014

Jin and all

I agree with Jim here (and Don earlier).  The important task here is agreeing on the questions to be asked of the SO/ACs.  So we need to get back to framing the questions - not answering them, however tempting that may be.

So the question of whether 'commercial entities' should be barred is still a useful question to ask.  The next question would be whether there are possible distinctions that should be drawn between an entity that can use the service and one that can't and, if so, where is the line drawn. I agree with the discussion on how difficult that will be because many entities that have corporate status also have reasonable grounds for wanting the protection of such a service (human rights organisations or women's refuges come to mind).   But that is the sort of response we are seeking from others outside of this group - so let's not prejudge answers.  Let's only frame the questions that will help us come to some sensible answers.  Otherwise, we'll never get to the next steps.

And my apologies for the next meeting.  I have a long day ahead on Wednesday (Sydney time) and taking calls at 2.00am won't help.  So Ill read the transcript and be back in a fortnight (2 weeks for those who do not use the term)

Holly