[Gnso-ppsai-pdp-wg] MP3 PPSAI WG - Tuesday 08 July 2014 at 1400 UTC

Terri Agnew terri.agnew at icann.org
Tue Jul 8 17:02:59 UTC 2014

Dear All,

Please find the MP3 recording for the Privacy and Proxy Services Accreditation Issues PDP Working group call held on Tuesday 08 July 2014 at 14:00 UTC at:

 <http://audio.icann.org/gnso/gnso-ppsa-20140707-en.mp3> http://audio.icann.org/gnso/gnso-ppsa-20140707-en.mp3

On page:

 <http://gnso.icann.org/en/group-activities/calendar#jul> http://gnso.icann.org/en/group-activities/calendar#jul

 <http://gnso.icann.org/calendar/> http://gnso.icann.org/calendar/

Attendees:

Steve Metalitz - IPC

Justin Macy – BC

Sarah Wyld - RrSG

Chris Pelling – RrSG

Darcy Southwell - RrSG

Graeme Bunton – RrSG

Don Blumenthal – RySG

Phil Marano – IPC

Val Sherman – IPC

Griffin Barnett – IPC

Tatiana Khramtsova – RrSG

Susan Kawguchi – BC

Volker Greimann – RrSG

Kathy Kleiman – NCUC

Holly Raiche – ALAC

Luc Seufer – RrSG

Stephanie Perrin – NCSG

Michele Neylon – RrSG

James Bladel – RrSG

Roy Balleste – NCUC

Michele Neylon – RrSG

Don Moody – IPC

David Heasley – IPC

Jim Bikoff – IPC

Frank Michlick – Individual

Kristina Rosette – IPC

Paul McGrady – IPC

Carlton Samuels – ALAC

Todd Williams – IPC

Lindsay Hamilton-Reid – RrSG

Apologies:

Osvaldo Novoa – ISPCP

Susan Prosser- RrSG

Brian Winterfeldt - IPC

ICANN staff:

Marika Konings

Mary Wong

Amy Bivins

Glen de Saint Gery

Terri Agnew

Mailing list archives:

 <http://mm.icann.org/pipermail/gnso-ppsai-pdp-wg/> http://mm.icann.org/pipermail/gnso-ppsai-pdp-wg/

Wiki page:

 <https://community.icann.org/x/9iCfAg> https://community.icann.org/x/9iCfAg

Thank you.

Kind regards,

Terri Agnew

-------------------------------

 Adobe Connect chat transcript for Tuesday 08 July 2014:

Marika Konings:Welcome to the PPSAI WG meeting of 8 July 2014

  Terri Agnew:Hi everyhone, AC will be connected in a moment

  Bladel:Good mroning.  I'm finishing up another call, but will join the bridge when able.  Thanks!

  Terri Agnew:Thank you for letting us know James

  Michele Neylon:I'll dial in shortly

  Chris Pelling:afternoon all :)

  Val Sherman:Good morning all

  Don Blumenthal:The adobe call in feature isn't enabled. I will jump to Skype,.

  Val Sherman:David Heasley also on call

  Terri Agnew:I have David noted

  Graeme Bunton:Is there a reason we can't connect to the Adobe audio?

  Michele Neylon:dialled in ..

  Michele Neylon:yay

  Michele Neylon:or something

  Stephanie Perrin:cannot activate audio, do we give up and dial in?

  Michele Neylon:Operator is saying to dialin

  Michele Neylon:though since audio isn't working

  Michele Neylon:I suspect only those of us on the bridge are hearing her :)

  Chris Pelling:whoever is typing please turn your MIC off

  Chris Pelling:is that you michele ? :p

  Michele Neylon:get lost

  Michele Neylon::)

  Chris Pelling:hehehe

  Chris Pelling:I can hear terry from staff

  Don Blumenthal:Apologies. Problems with dialing in.

  Holly Raiche:I can hear you

  Kathy:Hi All!

  Michele Neylon:Holly - who is "you"? :)

  Terri Agnew:Is ac working now?

  Graeme Bunton:Dialed in

  Holly Raiche:2Michele - So far, only Terri but I live in hope!

  Graeme Bunton:oop. Got adobe working.

  Kathy:Hooray for post-ICANN vacations :-)!

  Michele Neylon:it's cos I wasn't there Don

  Michele Neylon:admit it

  Graeme Bunton:nearly miraculous.

  Luc Seufer:finally a panel without the Irish man! woot woot woot

  Terri Agnew:Kristina, I have you noted

  Lindsay Hamilton-Reid:I can't hear anything but that might just be because there is nothing to hear yet . . . . .

  Luc Seufer:are the pot ICANN vaction and Interpol rep. yelling somehow  inked?

  Luc Seufer:linked

  Marika Konings:Welcome to Lindsay who is the new member.

  Luc Seufer:good to hear

  Marika Konings:@Lindsay - you should hear audio via your computer (through the ADobe Connect room)

  Graeme Bunton:Lindsay - yep. Things are happenig. Maybe you need to connect your audio or try dialing in

  Michele Neylon:Lindsay - you need to dial in

  Marika Konings:if you are having issues, we can also dial out to you

  Michele Neylon:afternoon by the way

  Lindsay Hamilton-Reid:Thanks Marika and Graeme.

  Kathy:It was a good meeting - tx you, Don!

  Lindsay Hamilton-Reid:I will try dialling in again

  Kathy:Marika, Mary, could you provide the link to Category E, Q1 here in chat? Tx.

  Marika Konings:@Kathy - we haven't circulated the template yet, but will do so shortly after the call.

  Kathy:But isn't it on the agenda for today?

  Terri Agnew:Paul McGrady has joined

  Marika Konings:Yes, if we have time left. We'll walk through the information we've collected so people can think about what additional information may be needed for review prior to the next meeting.

  steve metalitz:Agree we are making good progress.

  Terri Agnew:Phil Marano has joined

  Carlton:Howdy all

  Terri Agnew:Carlton Samuels, I have you added to attendance

  Carlton:Thks Terri

  Terri Agnew:and Welcome

  Kathy:It's good to do this very early - tx you!

  Graeme Bunton:LA meeting is on Canadian thxgiving weekend, which might impact peoples plans.

  Kathy:Agree with Steve; it's at least two nights of hotel rooms for those of us who normally come in on Sunday...

  Volker Greimann:I think we should not discuss allocation of ICANN funds here

  Chris Pelling:exactly

  Chris Pelling:sorry this is WG for PP

  Michele Neylon:can we discuss this via email?

  Chris Pelling:come on guys, get back on track please

  Chris Pelling:Steve, no objection at all, just can be better done via email

  Michele Neylon:um

  Michele Neylon:that was odd

  Michele Neylon:music

  Mary Wong:We'll send out the email confirming the infomation Marika has given. The idea here was to let everyone know of the planned F2F meeting for LA.

  Michele Neylon:oooo

  Michele Neylon:I see lots of IPv6

  Michele Neylon:sorry - was fixing my desktop machine

  Marika Konings:Please note that the different alternatives can be found on page 6, 7 and 8

  Chris Pelling:Michele, Apple = hammer doesnt it ? :p

  Michele Neylon:Chris - IPv6 using DHCP

  Michele Neylon:didn't realise I had it switched off

  Michele Neylon:who is panting?

  Chris Pelling:Thnk its Don

 Don Blumenthal:ON mute when I'm not talking.

  steve metalitz:Crossing out DMCA language was NOT my suggestion, just clarifying that there is no standardized form today.

  Carlton:I would be VERY cautious of using the DMCA form. At least one of them I see. Different objectives for one

  Mary Wong:The USA's Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA) contains a number of required criteria that must be included in a takedown notice, e.g., contact info, good faith declaration, signature, specification of objected-to content.

  Mary Wong:This WG may consider specifyging the elements that must be in a form rather than designing the form itself, for instance.

  Carlton:@Mary: Agreed.  So fulsome adoption may not be optimal

  Kristina Rosette:@Mary: It's my recollection that that (elements, not form) was the original idea.

  Carlton:@Kristina: Good to know

  Terri Agnew:Todd Williams has joined

  Carlton:@Holly: In its consideration of purpose based contacts (PBCs), the EWG anticipated this and other WG might recommend a triage to determine  timing etc for each contact.

  Carlton:type

  Bladel:+1 Don.

  Stephanie Perrin:Don't we need to focus in on the allegation, and the form of the allegation?  Much easier than identifying types of alleged malicious content.

  Luc Seufer:@Stephanie agreed

  Kathy:To Holly's point, and mine: can we create a new question or time to evaluate the requestor and any history known of the requestor?

  Carlton:@Steph: Precisely. Focusing on allegation and the form is the starting type.  The idea is that a risk profile would determine what the recommendation for response,.  Action also has other determinants.

  Don Blumenthal:Michele, fair enough. I was talking at a basic level. Jurisdiction clearly factors in.

  Carlton:@Michele: +1. Jurisdiction is just one other determinant.

  Marika Konings:Please note that this question relates specifically to a contact point provided by the P/P - questions in relation to relay and what action need to be taken will come up under the next categeories of questions.

  Kathy:Sorry Stephanie, can't hear you....

  Carlton:I think we lost her

  Don Blumenthal:Stephanie, we lost you

  Luc Seufer:And this is without mentioning the difference of alphabet. In the past we receive what we believe was Russian court documents, we weren't able to even reply.

  Michele Neylon:Luc - we have russian speakers on staff

  Terri Agnew:Stephanie, Ihave private chatted you

  Luc Seufer:okay, Chinese then

  Volker Greimann:non-LEA has no overall generic "right" to someones private data

  Michele Neylon:Volker +1

  Holly Raiche:@ Wolker- I think that was the point I was trying to make

  Carlton:@Kathy: Good qustion. Who and what must be elements for questioning.  I would wish to see list of itmes on any form. We must have a triage operation

  Holly Raiche:Sorry - Volker

  Chris Pelling:Volker +1

  steve metalitz:It is not correct that copyright ifnfringement is not subject to independent verification.

  Carlton:..and now that Michele mentioned it, I can recall the arguments we had over how to respond to issues surrounding local marks.

  Kathy:@Steve: but copyright infringement vs. fair use and legitimate critique is normally subject to court review...

  Carlton:TMCH  remains mute on this..and  we know it will come from bitter experience

  Kathy:Tx Michele!

  Michele Neylon:I'd actually agree with Steve

  Michele Neylon:please don't use this against me

  Michele Neylon::)

  Kathy:I think we are talking about new fields, including who the Requester is, what their status is, what their jurisdiction is,

  Kathy:and why something is alleged as being illega.

  Holly Raiche:@Kathy +1

  Kathy:But Reveal is the key - especially for speech and content issues...

  Stephanie Perrin:testing

  Luc Seufer:How do you prove that you have relayed without disclosing the underlying details though?

  Holly Raiche:Good question Luc

  Kathy:Don - I think we have some new fields!

  steve metalitz:Michele our secret agreement will be kept confidential.....

  Mary Wong:We will send out an updated version of D-4

  Michele Neylon:Steve - good

  Holly Raiche:We promise not to tell on Steve and Michele

  Volker Greimann:so now we know michele is for sale ;-)

  Stephanie Perrin:sorry, for some reason I keep dropping, including on text

  Michele Neylon:Volker - and you're not?

  Carlton:Thanks all. Good discussion! We seem to be cooking now.

  Michele Neylon:Carlton - you cook?

  Luc Seufer:bye

  Kathy:But what is the secret ingredient?

  Mary Wong:Thanks everyone!

  Chris Pelling:bye all