[Gnso-ppsai-pdp-wg] MP3 PPSAI WG - Tuesday 15 July 2014 at 1400 UTC

Nathalie Peregrine nathalie.peregrine at icann.org
Tue Jul 15 20:19:06 UTC 2014

Dear All,

Please find the MP3 recording for the Privacy and Proxy Services Accreditation Issues PDP Working group call held on Tuesday 15 July 2014 at 14:00 UTC at:

http://audio.icann.org/gnso/gnso-ppsa-20140715-en.mp3

On page:

 <http://gnso.icann.org/en/group-activities/calendar#jul> http://gnso.icann.org/en/group-activities/calendar#jul

 <http://gnso.icann.org/calendar/> http://gnso.icann.org/calendar/

Attendees:

Steve Metalitz - IPC

Justin Macy – BC

Sarah Wyld - RrSG

Chris Pelling – RrSG

Darcy Southwell - RrSG

Graeme Bunton – RrSG

Don Blumenthal – RySG

Val Sherman – IPC

Griffin Barnett – IPC

Susan Kawaguchi – BC

Kathy Kleiman – NCUC

Stephanie Perrin – NCSG

James Bladel – RrSG

David Hea sley – IPC

Alex Deacon - IPC

Jim Bikoff – IPC

Osvaldo Novoa – ISPCP

Kristina Rosette – IPC

Paul McGrady – IPC

Carlton Samuels – ALAC

Todd Williams – IPC

Dan Burke – Individual

Laura Jedeed – BC

Chris Chaplow – BC

Libby Baney – BC

Tim Ruiz  - RrSG

Christian Dawson - ISPCP

Apologies:

Susan Prosser- RrSG

Michele Neylon – RrSG

Holly Raiche - ALAC

ICANN staff:

Marika Konings

Mary Wong

Nathalie Peregrine

Mailing list archives:

 <http://mm.icann.org/pipermail/gnso-ppsai-pdp-wg/> http://mm.icann.org/pipermail/gnso-ppsai-pdp-wg/

Wiki page:

 <https://community.icann.org/x/9iCfAg> https://community.icann.org/x/9iCfAg

Thank you.

Kind regards,

Nathalie

-------------------------------

 Adobe Connect chat transcript for Tuesday 15 July 2014:

  Marika Konings:Welcome to the PPSAI WG Meeting of 15 July 2014

  Chris Pelling:afternoon all

  Chris Pelling:just waiting for someone to pick the phone up

  Mary Wong:Hi Chris - yes there seems to be a short delay there; hang on.

  Nathalie  Peregrine:Chris & Mary, I have informed the operator

  Mary Wong:Thanks, Nathalie - I'm on now

  Nathalie  Peregrine:Excellent, you are both on!

  Chris Pelling:well I think I am on now, all quiet :p

  Chris Pelling:touch wood someone heard that :)

  Chris Pelling:aha

  Nathalie  Peregrine:We heard you Chris :)

  Bladel:Waiting for the operator

  Nathalie  Peregrine:James, Ive informed the operator

  Kathy:still holding...

  steve metalitz:A coordinator will  assist me momentarily....

  Kathy:But can hear you Don, loud and clear

  Sarah Wyld - Aplus.net:Hi, I'm also waiting for an operator.

  Nathalie  Peregrine:The telecom providers do tend to experience heavy call traffic at the top of the hour

  Bladel:If your browser supports it, yep. :)

  Kathy:I'm in!

  Val Sherman:Good morning

  Val Sherman:David Heasley is also on the call

  Don Blumenthal:I didn't know that some browsers have difficulties

  Griffin Barnett:David Heasley from our office is also on the call, thanks

  Nathalie  Peregrine:Thanks noted!

  Nathalie  Peregrine:Paul McGrady has also joined the call

  Tim Ruiz:Could not hear Steve.

  Nathalie  Peregrine:Alex Deacon and Christian Dawson have joined the call

  Nathalie  Peregrine:Susan Kawaguchi has joined the call

  Nathalie  Peregrine:David Cake has joined the call

  Mary Wong:In the RAA P/P temp spec, there's this language: Unless        prohibited        by        law,     P/P            Provider          shall     promptly          (within five      (5)        business           days)   relay    or         forward            all        allegations       of         malicious         conduct,          cybersquatting,            and      other    illegal            activities          to         the       P/P       Customer,        except  in         instances          the       P/P       Provider            is          notified           that      the       relay    of         such     allegations       may     jeopardize        an            ongoing           civil     or         criminal           investigation

  Paul McGrady:Steve is extremly hard to hear.

  Tim Ruiz:Can barely hear Steve.

  Mary Wong:(oops sorry for nasty formatting)

  Don Blumenthal:Mary, the excerpt is unreadable in my chat window

  Nathalie  Peregrine:I have asked the operator to increase volume on Steve's line

  Nathalie  Peregrine:Stephanie Perrin has joined the call

  Nathalie  Peregrine:Carlton Samuels has joined the call

  Carlton:Morning all

  Kathy:I have the same question - what limits do some p/p impose on Relay - and why?

  Kathy:Morning Carlton!

  Tim Ruiz:It may be different from Proxy versus non-proxy.

  Kathy:@Tim: how so?

  Carlton:@Kathy Question re limts on relay and why...+1

  Mary Wong:OK trying again: Unless prohibited by law, P/P Provider shall promptly (within five (5) business days) relay or forward all allegations of malicious conduct, cybersquatting, and other illegal activities to the P/P Customer, except in instances the P/P Provider is notified that the relay of such allegations may jeopardize an ongoing civil or criminal investigation.

  Tim Ruiz:In Proxy the provider considered the registrant

  Mary Wong:That's Section 3.4 of the temp P/P spec from the 2013 RAA.

  Tim Ruiz:or may be considered the registrant.

  Carlton:@Mary: So current rule limit relay only with respect of jeopardy for legal proceedings. Is that decision left to judgment of p/p provider or is there some objective standard?

  Mary Wong:My apologies - something dropped out of my comment. I meant to note that 3.4 was in an earlier version of the P/P spec but did not seem to make it into the final document.

  Don Blumenthal:Carlston, I thnk that's part of what we have to decide.

  Mary Wong:@Don, exactly.

  Carlton:@Don thanks...

  steve metalitz:DBP allows customer to choose "relay everything"

  Stephanie Perrin:The problem is, if we use squishy language, we then merely punt the problem over to the service provider

  Chris Pelling:we use our own privacy service, which essentially will forward ANY email as long as the instructions are followed AND you do the reply mail to the correct address (which cheanges daily) within 24 hours

  Stephanie Perrin:I think Susan is making my point...

  Chris Pelling:now if LEA contacts us directly, without going through the P/P service thats up to us to forward

  Nathalie  Peregrine:Osvaldo Novoa has joined the call

  Bladel::)

  Osvaldo Novoa:Sorry I am late, was delayed in aprevious meeting

  Tim Ruiz:Spam filters may be applied pre or post control of the P/P Provider.

  Justin Macy:@Mary I noticed that LegitScript's comments aren't included in the comments section at the bottom of the page. Is this an ommision, or did LS not respond to  this question?

  Tim Ruiz:+1 David

  Kathy:And a quick note that we have heard in past discussions that one of the reasons people register as p/p is to prevent spam....

  Marika Konings:Hi Justin - the original survey question combined reveal and relay - as your comments focused more specifically on reveal, it will show up in the templates for the next category.

  Marika Konings:I'll send you the response off-list so you can let me know if you would like any part of it included as part of the next iteration of the template.

  Justin Macy:Great. Thank you!

  Susan kawaguchi:agree with James I am not advocating to make the PP responsible for the licensee to respond to anything

  Graeme Bunton:Sensible, James.

  Kathy:I like James' idea of some flexibility in this process. Some p/p will provide more; some less. but a baseline set here.

  Chris Pelling::@steve, its probably automatic relay, I doubt someone actually sits there going through emails, could be wrong mind you

  Libby Baney:Good point Steve

  Kathy:As discussed earlier, I often get multiple calls by telephone that constitute harrassment, even though they allege that there is something I should be doing...

  Tim Ruiz:How does the provider figure out when complaints etc. are not reponded to?

  Graeme Bunton:can't be done, Tim

  steve metalitz:@Tim, it would be up to complainant to document that.  "This complaint has been sent for relay X times and no response received.

  Tim Ruiz:Thanks Steve.

  Bladel:Sorry, but I need to drop and head to the airport.

  Chris Pelling:well surely thats up to the complainant if they want to respond

  Chris Pelling:I do not get the login on that, if they dont want to respond, what are you going to do, demand their private info and then send snailmail ?

  Chris Pelling:lofin=logic

  Chris Pelling:crumbs - you know what I meant :)

  Don Blumenthal:Chris, we must be getting near the end of the call. :)

  Kathy:Agree with Susan that the tracking of the response -- and the underlying issue - runs with the Requestor

  Justin Macy:+1 Susan

  Chris Pelling:by phone cannot be handled

  Kathy:Is that a RELAY question?

  Chris Pelling:as there is no chain

  Graeme Bunton:Agreed with Chris

  Tim Ruiz:No

  Paul McGrady:Agree with Todd.  Important issue to discuss during reveal conversation.

  steve metalitz:Agree with Todd re relevance of multiple relays without response.

  Kristina Rosette 2:sorry. have to drop.  will catch up on transcript

  Tim Ruiz:Agree with Chris regarding phone calls.

  Dan Burke:Thanks for including me :)

  Graeme Bunton:It IS good to get some LEA perspective directly, thank you Dan.

  Mary Wong:We'll update the template with summaries of today's discussion.

  Tim Ruiz:Thanks Don, bye all.

  Paul McGrady:Thanks Don!

  Mary Wong:Thank you Don and all!

  Chris Pelling:Thanks all