[Gnso-ppsai-pdp-wg] Updated E-1 template - a further update II

Kathy Kleiman kathy at kathykleiman.com
Tue Jul 22 12:52:10 UTC 2014

Hi All
I think we need a further update. The question in E-1 is broad, and not
just for allegations of illegal conduct:  "Question 1 -- What, if any,
are the baseline minimum standardized relay processes that should be
adopted by ICANN-accredited privacy/proxy service providers?"

One area we should mention is something discussed by James in the last
call (and previous calls) about ICANN-required communication under the
2013 RAA (and prior RAAs) for the domain name customer (e.g., renewals).
I thought we had agreed to ask that P/P providers pass on this type of
communication to their customers. But I also recall that there are some
additional nuances we needed to take into account, e.g., that some P/P
providers may already (per their contracts) handle some of these issues,
e.g., renewal.

So let me suggest some wording for the document (and hopefully someone
will edit it): /These baseline minimum standardized relay processes
should require that those communication that must be sent to Registrants
by the terms of the Registrar Accreditation Agreements (e.g., renewals)
be required to be forwarded or relayed by P/P Providers to their Customers./

Best,
Kathy
: