[Gnso-ppsai-pdp-wg] Some background on D-3 & D-4

Mary Wong mary.wong at icann.org
Tue Jun 10 14:05:45 UTC 2014

Hello all ­ we were asked to provide some context to the D-3 and D-4
questions, so we hope the following will help:
* Regarding D-3, the question was derived from a Whois RT recommendation
that full Whois contact details for a P/P provider should be provided for
the purpose of contactability and responsiveness.
* D-4 came from a recommendation of the 2010 ALAC-GNSO Joint Drafting Team
that was ultimately incorporated into Section 3.18 of the 2013 RAA, which
the Team had noted in its report could also possibly apply to P/P providers
­ as such, this type of requirement would raise the D-3 question.

Cheers