[Gnso-ppsai-pdp-wg] LE/Ops Sec community input- section 3.18 2013 RAA

Michele Neylon - Blacknight michele at blacknight.com
Mon Jun 16 14:40:00 UTC 2014

DPCs aren’t LEA ☺

--
Mr Michele Neylon
Blacknight Solutions
Hosting & Colocation, Domains
http://www.blacknight.co/
http://blog.blacknight.com/
http://www.technology.ie
Intl. +353 (0) 59  9183072
Direct Dial: +353 (0)59 9183090
Twitter: http://twitter.com/mneylon
-------------------------------

From: gnso-ppsai-pdp-wg-bounces at icann.org [mailto:gnso-ppsai-pdp-wg-bounces at icann.org] On Behalf Of John Horton
Sent: Monday, June 16, 2014 9:46 AM
To: Rosette, Kristina
Cc: gnso-ppsai-pdp-wg at icann.org
Subject: Re: [Gnso-ppsai-pdp-wg] LE/Ops Sec community input- section 3.18 2013 RAA

I don't know if this is true for all countries, but I'm aware that in several countries, LE officials are *required* (I'm not sure if it's by formal policy or informal convention) to check with or go through their GAC (e.g., get clearance) in order to participate in working groups.

John Horton
President, LegitScript
 [https://static.legitscript.com/assets/logo-smaller-cdb8a6f307ce2c6172e72257dc6dfc34.png]

Follow LegitScript: LinkedIn<http://www.linkedin.com/company/legitscript-com>  |  Facebook<https://www.facebook.com/LegitScript>  |  Twitter<https://twitter.com/legitscript>  |  YouTube<https://www.youtube.com/user/LegitScript>  |  Blog<http://blog.legitscript.com>  |  Google+<https://plus.google.com/112436813474708014933/posts>