[Gnso-ppsai-pdp-wg] For your review - updated template Cat B - question 2

John Horton john.horton at legitscript.com
Wed Mar 19 00:00:17 UTC 2014

>  Just look at the whois of some of the domains you have reported in the
> past, I am sure that you will notice that in most cases, the registrant
> details are 100% accurate, just not those of the actual registrant.

Actually, I wouldn't agree with that based on the data in our database.
That might be true (I don't know) for domain names we've reported to a
particular registrar, and it certainly may happen, but I wouldn't agree
with that across all registrars. It's certainly the case with some
registrations, but definitely not all, and I actually don't think most, in
fact. Offhand, I'd say that we see way more completely falsified Whois
registrations (the Whois data isn't stolen; it's just falsified -- no such
address, etc.) than stolen Whois information.

John Horton
President, LegitScript

*Follow LegitScript*:
LinkedIn<http://www.linkedin.com/company/legitscript-com>