[Gnso-ppsai-pdp-wg] PPSAI WG -- questions for list

Chris Pelling chris at netearth.net
Fri May 23 19:44:50 UTC 2014

HI Guys,

With respect to your point in your first paragraph John re: "website
holds the info/whois uses PP", putting the full information on a website
can mean the information cannot be data mined, certain techniques that
stops automated tools from grabbing it.  Whereas in WHOIS it can be data
mined via simple parsing.   I hope that helps ?

I think it is up to the individual registrant if they wish to place a PP
service on the whois, either commercial or non commercial.  As long as
there are certain procedures in place that allows for LEA or court order
to gain the proper whois information from the PP provider this is proper
and above board - this still obviously needs to be debated and will no
doubt be discussed later in this WG at some point or another.

I disagree with your point I think *correct me if wrong* you are trying
to make in the second paragraph, it is not for us to lay down law -
thats not in our remit, my point above makes perfect sense, and more
importantly stops data harvesters out there should the commercial entity
want too.  I think this discussion will continue mind you, but I for one
would allow the "registrant" to make the choice if they want to or not.

I'll allow others to continue the other paragraphs you mentioned.

Kind regards,
Chris