[Gnso-ppsai-pdp-wg] some good news

Kathy Kleiman kathy at kathykleiman.com
Tue May 27 13:07:58 UTC 2014

Hi All,
I thought I would add a piece of good news - albeit a bit off topic.  My
documentary, The Computers, had its world premiere this past Saturday at
the Seattle International Film Festival. As some of you know, it is the
untold story of six young women who programmed the US's first
all-electronic, programmable computer as part of a secret WWII project.
They did not receive credit when the ENIAC was unveiled in 1946, after
the war ended, and it took over sixty years for us to find and tell
their story.

It's a great story -- and we played to a sold-out and very receptive
audience. In the midst of our robust dialogue and exchange, I wanted to
share this good news.
Best,
Kathy