[Gnso-ppsai-pdp-wg] MP3 PPSAI WG - Tuesday 27 May 2014 at 1400 UTC

Terri Agnew terri.agnew at icann.org
Tue May 27 16:26:11 UTC 2014

Dear All,

Please find the MP3 recording for the Privacy and Proxy Services
Accreditation Issues PDP Working group call held on Tuesday 27 May 2014 at
14:00 UTC at:

 <http://audio.icann.org/gnso/gnso-ppsa-20140527-en.mp3>
http://audio.icann.org/gnso/gnso-ppsa-20140527-en.mp3

On page:

 <http://gnso.icann.org/en/group-activities/calendar%23mar>
http://gnso.icann.org/en/group-activities/calendar#may

Calendar page:

 <http://gnso.icann.org/calendar/> http://gnso.icann.org/calendar/

Attendees:

Steve Metalitz - IPC

Kathy Kleiman - NCUC

Justin Macy - BC

James Bladel - RrSG

Alex Deacon - IPC

Laura Jedeed - BC

Sarah Wyld - RrSG

John Horton - BC

Kiran Malancharuvil - IPC

Volker Greimann - RrSG

Libby Baney - BC

Michele Neylon - RrSG

Chris Pelling - RrSG

David Cake - NCSG

Jennifer Standiford - RrSG

Christian Dawson - ISPCP

Osvaldo Novoa - ISPCP

Don Moody - IPC

Darcy Southwell - RrSG

Graeme Bunton - RrSG

Don Blumenthal - RySG

Luc Seufer - RrSG

Phil Karnofsky (for Phil Marano) - SOI

Todd Williams - IPC

Jim Bikoff - IPC

Frank Michlick - RrSG

Apologies:

Holly Raiche - ALAC

Susan Prosser- RrSG

Paul McGrady - IPC

Kristina Rosette - IPC

Amr Elsadr - NCUC

Tobias Sattler - RrSG

Carlton Samuels - ALAC

ICANN staff:

Marika Konings

Mary Wong

Amy Bivins

Terri Agnew

Mailing list archives:

 <http://mm.icann.org/pipermail/gnso-ppsai-pdp-wg/>
http://mm.icann.org/pipermail/gnso-ppsai-pdp-wg/

Wiki page:

 <https://community.icann.org/x/9iCfAg> https://community.icann.org/x/9iCfAg

Thank you.

Kind regards,

Terri Agnew

-------------------------------

 Adobe Connect chat transcript for Tuesday 27 May 2014:

  Marika Konings:Welcome to the PPSAI WG Meeting of 27 May 2014

  Chris Pelling:Afternoon all :)

  Graeme Bunton:no no no, good morning!

  Osvaldo Novoa:Hello all!

  John Horton:I concur with the "Morning" voices. :)

  Kathy K:Hi All!

  Don Blumenthal:And "afternoon" for folks in Chris's part of the world.

  Graeme Bunton:someone needs to mute a mic

  Jennifer Standiford:Hello all

  Volker Greimann:Hello, everyone in a good mood  hope? ^_^

  Mary Wong:Please remember to mute your mic if you are not speaking.

  Bladel:Which James?

  Terri Agnew:Libby Baney has joined

  Kathy K:Our goal, mine and James, was to raise and define questions -- not
to answer any of them

  Terri Agnew:Michele Neylon has joined

  Michele Neylon:I am here even though I sent apologies

  Terri Agnew:Welcome Michele, I have adjusted attendance list

  Terri Agnew:Frank Michlick has joined

  Michele Neylon:telephone is working

  Michele Neylon:the wifi here though is really bad

  Michele Neylon:so if I get dumped out of Adobe I'll try to reconnect

  Terri Agnew:Michele thank you for letting us know

  Kiran Malancharuvil:Is the data escrow requirement the same in 2009 as
2013 RAA?

  Graeme Bunton:Thanks James

  Bladel:Not exactly.

  Bladel:2009, registrars had a choice to include PP data in data escrow or
declare to registrants that their names were at risk.  IN 2013, this choice
was removed and PP service data was included in escow deposits.

  Luc Seufer:The flagging of domain name using p/p would help to that
regard.We could imagine offering a p/p  temporary set of contact details for
the sole purpose of registrar transfers. The set of details would "expire"
(the email address would stop forwarding) after a short lapse of time and
would conduct to the suspension of the domain name. But we would need to
make a second validation process initiation  by the gaining registrar (in
case the transfer goes through) and the (not) losing registrar (if the
transfer doesn't go through).But I think this is quite outside our
charter...

  Luc Seufer:;-)

  Kathy K:Does the AuthInfo code help, Luc?

  Kiran Malancharuvil:Well, can the question be included in the framing of
the questions?

  Volker Greimann:reading lucs novel

  Kiran Malancharuvil:What to do in the case of 2009 RAA signatories that
made the choice not to escrow?

  Kathy K:Agree - can we circle back to this?

  Michele Neylon:we can get stats on 2013 vs 2009 signees

  Kathy K::-)

  Kiran Malancharuvil:Right, I'm just asking that it is included in the
questions.

  Bladel:Those names are at risk if hte registrar fails.

  Michele Neylon:yes

  Kathy K:Great - glad we can keep editing online!

  Kiran Malancharuvil:we can continue the discussion about this part on the
list.

  Justin Macy:+1 to continue to edit on list

  Laura Jedeed:+1

  Mary Wong:We will try :)

  steve metalitz:+1 Kathy, staff can handle this

  Kathy K:Can we call it an ICANN-published list?

  Kathy K:Would it be appropriate to ask a Registrar to list its accredited
p/p providers?

  Kathy K:e.g. on its website?

  Bladel:Seems similar to current handling of registrar urls.

  Mary Wong:@Kathy did you mean recommend that Registrars include a link to
their Affiliated P/P providers (as defined in the RAA)?

  Kathy K:@Mary, just raising it as a question for the Registrars...

  Kathy K:and all

  Luc Seufer:for those under 2013 it will be mandatory.

  Luc Seufer:(or at least it's my reading)

  Michele Neylon:is there text on the screen?

  Mary Wong:@Luc, thanks - yes I should have said 2013 RAA (and wondering
how that may apply if we are talking about linking to Affiliated versus "all
ICANN-accredited) providers.

  Don Blumenthal:Michele, the draft D1 is on the screen

  Graeme Bunton:Michele's hadn is old

  Graeme Bunton:hand, rather

  Graeme Bunton:Michele would like to speak post James

  Graeme Bunton:(but his adobe is not working)

  Kathy K:James: what are the two parallel channels of communication?  Sorry
to miss it...

  Bladel:one is public, "reasonable & prompt"

  Bladel:One is for Law enforcmenet.  monitored 24/7.

  Kathy K:tx!

  Kathy K:What James and Michele say makes sense.

  Graeme Bunton:++tsunami

  Michele Neylon:being able to filter the tickets makes sense

  Kathy K:Learning from the 2013 RAA experience and opening up to various
forms of communication to the p/p provider makes sense too

  Michele Neylon:filter as in divy out to the correct places

  Luc Seufer:and for the reccord, the LEA referred to are the one in the
applicable jurisdiction.

  Volker Greimann:I am very dedicated to convince you all that that is not
what the word was intended to mean

  Michele Neylon::)

  Kathy K:We do need to allow time for investigation

  Graeme Bunton:Agreed

  Kathy K:Tx for the discussion today!

  Chris Pelling:thanks all :)

  Bladel:Thanks Don.