[Gnso-ppsai-pdp-wg] Moving forward with a WG F2F meeting in Dublin

Michele Neylon - Blacknight michele at blacknight.com
Sat Aug 8 13:54:29 UTC 2015

Mary

Thanks for the update.

@RrSG members in this group – you should have an email from me directly about this.

Regards

Michele

--
Mr Michele Neylon
Blacknight Solutions
Hosting, Colocation & Domains
http://www.blacknight.host/
http://blog.blacknight.com/
http://www.blacknight.press - get our latest news & media coverage
http://www.technology.ie
Intl. +353 (0) 59  9183072
Direct Dial: +353 (0)59 9183090
Social: http://mneylon.social
Random Stuff: http://www.michele.irish
-------------------------------

From: <gnso-ppsai-pdp-wg-bounces at icann.org<mailto:gnso-ppsai-pdp-wg-bounces at icann.org>> on behalf of Mary Wong
Date: Saturday 8 August 2015 01:09
To: "gnso-ppsai-pdp-wg at icann.org<mailto:gnso-ppsai-pdp-wg at icann.org>"
Subject: [Gnso-ppsai-pdp-wg] Moving forward with a WG F2F meeting in Dublin

Dear WG members,

After careful consideration, the WG co-chairs have decided that it may be useful to hold a F2F meeting on Friday 16 October in Dublin. The decision was made taking into account the results of the Doodle poll, previous WG discussions on the topic, and the status of WG and Sub Team deliberations at this point in our process.

Having decided to move forward with the F2F meeting, the co-chairs would like to emphasize that a successful outcome of that meeting depends on a number of factors. These include timely reports from the various Sub Teams as well as the WG’s completing its review of the remaining recommendations that were not assigned to the Sub Teams. The expectation is that the F2F meeting will focus on the outstanding issues that remain at that time, and it will be planned in order to try to resolve those questions through the F2F discussions.

As with previous such F2F meetings, travel support will only be provided for 6 hotel nights per SG/SO/AC, with no airfare or other support available. Each SG/SO/AC may therefore nominate up to 6 participants, with the important caveat that nominees should ideally be already active participants in the WG (this may be especially important given where our group is at this stage in our deliberations). If there are fewer than 6 nominees from one SG/SO/AC, the nominees may each receive up to 2 nights of hotel support. The WG chairs have the discretion of allotting any unused slots to other participants in order to achieve a desired level of diversity and representativeness at the meeting.

Thank you for your patience and for participating in the discussions concerning the meeting. We will circulate a proposed agenda for the meeting closer to the time, when we will have a better sense of where the WG’s discussions will be by the time we get to Dublin. The schedule will take into account overnight flight schedules as much as possible. As noted previously, remote participation facilities will be available for those who wish to participate but who will not be in Dublin in person.

Have a good weekend, everyone!

Cheers

Email: mary.wong at icann.org<mailto:mary.wong at icann.org>