[Gnso-ppsai-pdp-wg] For your review - Public Comment Review Tool (v1) and other documents

Mary Wong mary.wong at icann.org
Fri Jul 10 19:05:00 UTC 2015

Dear WG members,

Please find attached for your review in preparation for the WG meeting next
week on 14 July: (1) the first version of the Public Comment Review Tool;
(2) an overview summary chart of the responses received to the Template for
Public Comment Forum; and (3) a selected compilation from all the comments
received in the Public Comment Forum.

Please note the following:
For (1) - this incorporates all Template responses received covering the
first 9 of the WG¹s 20 Preliminary Recommendations. It therefore is not a
complete collection of all the responses received to all the preliminary
recommendations, and does not include comments on the WG¹s open questions.
This version of the Tool also incorporates those comments received in the
Public Comment Forum that specifically addressed one or more of the 9
preliminary recommendations covered. As staff continues to collate and
catalog the remaining Template responses and public comments, we will
prepare a second version of the Tool. We hope to be able to complete this
exercise by the end of next week, if at all possible ­ however, for now we
wanted to get what we were able to do since the Forum closed on Tuesday to
you as early as we could.

For (2) - this was derived from the 352 Template responses we received, of
which 208 were started but not filled out (although at least one person then
sent their responses to the Forum as a public comment, and it would appear
that a few others returned and filled out at least part of the Template as a
separate response subsequently).

For (3) - please note the disclaimer and explanation included in the
document. This document was prepared in the hope that it would help WG
members as you go through the over 11,400 public comments received but it is
a collection of excerpts only and as such not at all a comprehensive
representation of either the scope, variety or number of responses in the
Forum.

Finally, again in the hope that it will aid your review of the public
comments, our IT department will be categorizing all the comments into at
least two groups, one being those that originated with form or template
letters. We will send that to you as soon as we receive it; please note,
however, that the ³separation² can only be done by subject title and as such
there will be some form letters that are not captured this way.

Please let us know if we have made any errors or omissions in our
compilation and collation!

Thanks and cheers

Email: mary.wong at icann.org