[Gnso-ppsai-pdp-wg] A slightly revised proposed approach for reviewing public comments

Stephanie Perrin stephanie.perrin at mail.utoronto.ca
Tue Jul 21 12:27:15 UTC 2015

So are you suggesting throwing them out?  Because they dont understand
the complexity of what we are dealing with, and make a simple
recommendation that appears to be based on US law?  If this is the case,
I respectfully suggest that this is dismissive of public comment, which
is the central point of my remarks below. If on the other hand, we
include the recommendation in our report, we could of course discuss the
pros and cons.  I believe that would be the fair thing to do.
By the way, most of us are not law enforcement experts here, nor are we
jurisdictional experts.  So while I raised of couple of examples of why
(2) was different and more problematic than (1), my goal was to
explicate the ways they were different, not to disqualify the comments
because they were not framed as a legal argument.
SP, always with the caveat that I am not a lawyer.