[Gnso-ppsai-pdp-wg] MP3 PPSAI WG - Tuesday 28 July 2015 at 1400 UTC

Nathalie Peregrine nathalie.peregrine at icann.org
Tue Jul 28 20:42:48 UTC 2015

Dear All,

Please find the MP3 recording for the Privacy and Proxy Services Accreditation Issues PDP Working group call held on Tuesday 28 July 2015 at 14:00 UTC at: http://audio.icann.org/gnso/gnso-ppsa-28jul15-en.mp3

On page:

http://gnso.icann.org/en/group-activities/calendar#jul

http://gnso.icann.org/calendar/

 Attendees:

Graeme Bunton ­ RrSG

Val Sherman ­ IPC

Kathy Kleiman ­ NCSG

Alex Deacon ­IPC

Stephanie Perrin ­ NCSG

Phil Corwin ­ BC

Terri Stumme ­ BC

James Bladel ­ RrSG

Todd Williams ­ IPC
Paul McGrady ­ IPC

Vicky Sheckler ­ IPC
Volker Greimann - RrSG
Lindsay Hamilton-Reid ­ RrSG
Griffin Barnett- IPC
David Cake - NCSG
Sara Bockey ­ RrSG
Don Blumenthal ­ RySG
Dick Leaning - Individual
Roger Carney - RrSG
Susan Prosser - RrSG
Kiran Malancharuvil- IPC

Apologies :
Frank Michlick ­ Individual
Michele Neylon ­ RrSG

James Gannon ­ NCUC

Holly Raiche ­ ALAC

Steve Metalitz – IPC

ICANN staff:

Mary Wong

Amy Bivins

Stephen Miller

Nathalie Peregrine

Mailing list archives:
http://mm.icann.org/pipermail/gnso-ppsai-pdp-wg/

Wiki page:

https://community.icann.org/x/9iCfAg

Thank you.

Kind regards,

Nathalie

-------------------------------

 Adobe Connect chat transcript for Tuesday 28 July 2015

   Nathalie  Peregrine:Dear all, welcome to the PPSAI WG call on the 28th July 2015

  Volker A. Greimann:I can hear a Canadian
  Graeme Bunton:We'll get going in about 2 mins i think
  Graeme Bunton:Also, welcome back Dick, that was a short retirement!
  Dick Leaning:Thank you - it was good while it lasted - golf is over rated
  James Bladel:Yeah, but if it goes too long, throw it away outside.
  Nathalie  Peregrine:Steve Metalitz is an apology for today's call
  Kathy:@Graeme, will we be posting a list of current subteam members?
  Mary Wong:@Kathy they are on the WG wiki page
  Nathalie  Peregrine:Chris Pelling has joined the AC room
  Kathy:Tx!
  Chris Pelling:Sorry for my tardiness
  Kathy:Hi Chris!
  Chris Pelling:Hey Kathy
  Mary Wong:Each of the 4 existing Sub Teams has its own wiki space (see left hand menu):https://community.icann.org/x/BI-hAg
  Mary Wong:I'm used to LOTS of emails by now :) :)
  Sara Bockey:Mary, I would like to volunteer for Group 1 (1.3.2) and Group 3 (Annex E).  Can you add me to those?
  Mary Wong:@Sara, thanks
  Val Sherman:A sub list would be fine by me
  James Bladel:No opposition
  Kathy Kleiman:No, mailing list sounds good
  Lindsay Hamilton-Reid:Fine by me too
  Mary Wong:OK we'll get cracking
  Susan Prosser:@Mary, I can join 1.3.3
  Kathy Kleiman:@Graeme, you make it sound exciting - I'll volunteer for 1.3.3 and Annex E.
  Mary Wong:@Susan, ok thanks!
  Lindsay Hamilton-Reid:I can also join 1.3.3
  Mary Wong:Thanks, all
  Lindsay Hamilton-Reid:Thanks Graeme :-)
  Val Sherman:Doodle poll?
  Nathalie  Peregrine:David Cake has joined the AC room
  Nathalie  Peregrine:No one on the audio bridge who is not already in the AC room
  Mary Wong:Note that on the current Work Plan, each Sub Team is slated to do a preliminary report (as 1.3.2 is doing this week) and then a "final" report with suggested recommendations/actions for the full WG about 3 weeks following that.
  Vicky Sheckler:apologies - need to step out
  Nathalie  Peregrine:Can you please all mute your phones and AC mics when not speaking? Thank you!
  Dick Leaning:I agree with Stephanie -
  Mary Wong:The Public Comment Review Tool would include all comments pertaining to each recommendation plus (eventually) a General section for those additional topics ID'd by the Sub team for Additional Questions
  Stephanie Perrin:Congratulations Mary!  we dont want to plough through 116 pages
  Mary Wong:And that's only the first 9 recs :)
  Mary Wong:Though quite a few have now been taken on by the Sub Teams,
  Kathy Kleiman:@Mary - tx, a huge amount of work!
  Mary Wong:@Graeme that's correct
  Mary Wong:Yes
  Mary Wong:Hmm I thought it does but maybe that dropped out somehow
  Mary Wong:Will fix
  Kathy Kleiman:@Mary, what does see Note below mean?  Which note?
  Mary Wong:@Kathy, which row number are you referring to?
  Kathy Kleiman:@Mary, I think the "See Note above" in #7 and #8 reference the note in #6??
  Mary Wong:@Kathy, ah, yes
  Kiran Malancharuvil:If we can't figure out what their problem is specifically, how are we supposed to address concerns?
  Mary Wong:@Kiran, hopefully those that DID provide additional comments would be more helpful
  Stephanie Perrin:Kiran,  I think it speaks to the need for more public outreach, explaining the issues.
  Kiran Malancharuvil:Stephanie, that's exactly the conjecture you claim to be against.
  Stephanie Perrin:PUtting things on the ICANN website is not public outreach....when we do outreach on a draft standard in the standards business their is a requirement to post in media where interested persons affected might see it and pay attention....
  James Bladel:If a comment is opposed to proposed changes, without providing alternatives, then that should be construed as support for for status quo.
  Stephanie Perrin:+1 James
  Stephanie Perrin:I will volunteer on 1.3.3
  Kiran Malancharuvil:I'm on 1.3.3 and haven't heard from anyone to organize
  Kiran Malancharuvil:if we do an hour and a half call, can we do a doodle to determine a different time?
  Kiran Malancharuvil:I'm happy to coordinate
  Kiran Malancharuvil:but I can't lead the discussion
  Kiran Malancharuvil:coordinate calls and provide dial in
  Mary Wong:@Kiran I can resend the original template email with the additional new sub team members, while the mailing list is set up
  James Bladel:+1 Kathy.
  James Bladel:Would help keep things straight.
  Stephanie Perrin:great idea, the logistics of keeping all the paper straight are challlenging
  Don Blumenthal:I think that another Doodlel also was requested about  the F2F idea
  Mary Wong:Hopefully the F2F decision can be made this week
  Lindsay Hamilton-Reid:Thanks all!
  Stephanie Perrin:May I suggest that if there is this much interest in the issue, we owe the public a face to face in Dublin
  Kiran Malancharuvil:bye thanks
  Sara Bockey:thank you all!