[Gnso-ppsai-pdp-wg] Public Comment Forum is now open

Mary Wong mary.wong at icann.org
Tue May 5 20:20:49 UTC 2015

Dear WG members,

In accordance with the WG¹s latest Work Plan, our Initial Report was
submitted yesterday for publication and public comment. I¹m pleased to
inform you that the Public Comment Forum is now open on the ICANN website:
https://www.icann.org/public-comments/ppsai-initial-2015-05-05-en. A link to
the Forum has also been placed on ICANN¹s Announcement page, so that anyone
who accesses the ICANN website to follow recent developments will also see
it: https://www.icann.org/news/announcements.

As is the case with other GNSO Working Groups, staff will compile a Public
Comment Review Tool to assist the WG with its analysis of all the public
comments that come in. The WG chairs will discuss when it might be desirable
to begin this analysis, and notice of the start of those meetings will be
sent out accordingly.

Following feedback received, the chairs have requested that staff clarify
that the optional template being provided to assist commenters with
structuring their input is an additional option only, and that comments
submitted via the Forum are definitely very welcome. We have also added
specific references throughout the template to correspond to specific
Recommendations and Sections in the Initial Report, to facilitate easier
review of the Initial Report.

Please note also that as the suggested 60-day period would have ended on a
weekend, the Forum has been set to close on a weekday following that
original date, thus making for a full 63-day public comment period.

Thank you all for your efforts, contributions and hard work in ensuring that
a substantive report was completed and sent out for community input at this
time. We look forward to continuing the work as the WG proceeds toward our
Final Report!

Cheers

Email: mary.wong at icann.org