[Gnso-ppsai-pdp-wg] For your review and further WG discussion - Draft Final Report

Mary Wong mary.wong at icann.org
Fri Oct 9 03:11:54 UTC 2015

Dear WG members,

Please find attached a marked-up (or ³redlined²) version of the first draft
of our proposed Final Report as well as a clean version of the same (for
easier reading). The mark-up shows the proposed changes from the published
version of our Initial Report. Please note that this draft has not yet been
seen or reviewed by the WG chairs; however, as discussed on the WG call this
past Tuesday, the plan is to set aside some time during the face-to-face
meeting next Friday in Dublin to start discussing the report. To that end
staff has been authorized to update the Initial Report and circulate this
draft Final Report.

Here are some additional notes for your convenient reference:

(1) The majority of the textual changes, not surprisingly, are in the
Executive Summary and to some extent Section 6 (to which a brief description
of how the WG has handled the public comments has been added) and Section 7
(in relation to Category C, as regards commercial activity and online
financial transactions). Other changes have generally been more minor, and
focus largely on updating the Initial Report in terms e.g. of removing
references to preliminary recommendations and open issues.

(2) We have NOT added in a revised Illustrative Disclosure Framework or any
new general recommendations, pending the outcome of the WG¹s discussions of
the work from Sub Teams 3 and 4.

(3) Throughout the document ­ but most especially in the Executive Summary ­
we have inserted comments and questions that remain to be addressed by the
WG, whether at the upcoming face-to-face meeting in Dublin, to take into
account staff operational feedback, or on a post-Dublin call. As you review
the revisions, please be sure to pay attention to these comments and
questions.

(4) The outcome of the required formal Consensus Call may well change some
of the assumed conclusions, and therefore this is only a draft of a Final
Report that we anticipate will likely see some revisions as the WG proceeds
with its deliberations. As such, please forgive any gaps and other
typographical or formatting errors. These will of course all be corrected in
the final version.

We hope that providing you with even a fairly rough draft of the proposed
Final Report at this time will enable you to review the document as well as
the remaining issues and questions for WG discussion before we meet again
next Friday in Dublin. Remote participation details for the Dublin
face-to-face meeting will be sent around to everyone shortly.

Thanks and cheers

Email: mary.wong at icann.org