[Gnso-rds-pdp-privacy] Schrems v. DPC decision, Privacy Shield text and April 13, 2016 Article 29WP Decision on Privacy Shield

Kathy Kleiman kathy at kathykleiman.com
Fri Apr 15 20:06:11 UTC 2016

Hi Susan, Lisa and All,
I would like to add a summary of three recent privacy documents prepared
for our subgroup by member Peter Kimpian of the Council of Europe.
(I am just the intermediary here as I promised to add document links and
pass them on the subgroup).

Lisa: There is one "old document" (already on our privacy list) and two
new ones:
*Old: **
*1) Judgment of the Court (Grand Chamber) - Maximillian Schrems v Data
Protection Commissioner
*New:**
*2) EU-US Privacy Shield   (Note: I think we have a press release, and
this is the actual, full text)
3) Opinion 01/2016 on the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield draft adequacy decision
of the Article 29 Working Party (April 2016)
/The Opinion of the Article 29 Working Party on the EU-US Privacy Shield
is very timely -- have only been decided two days ago! //
/
Tx to Peter for the summaries and tx for crediting him with this
summary.  Could the one summary link to all 3 documents as they are all
covered in it.

Best and tx,
Kathy