[Gnso-rds-pdp-privacy] progress so far, next steps

David Cake davecake at gmail.com
Tue Apr 19 16:58:37 UTC 2016

	Thanks for the volunteering and hard work - the checklist has almost every item assigned and many submitted. I recognise that that is a heap of work, and thank everyone who volunteered.

	During the 20 April RDS PDP WG call, each team will be asked to report on its progress and share preliminary thoughts about the questions posed during last week’s WG call. To kick-start this discussion, I ask that each of you try to answer this question:

Which “top 5” inputs summarized by this team are likely to be the most helpful to this PDP and why?

For example, does the input define potential requirements that this WG should take into consideration during phase 1 of this PDP? Does the input identify dependencies that will shape our work plan?

Our team will have an opportunity to share initial answers during the WG call. Please reply to this list today with your own initial thoughts so that we can prepare to contribute to discussion during the WG call. We will not be expected to have a team-agreed answer this week, but we need to at least begin this discussion.

The top 5 is just to get us started. We may not end up presenting our work in that format at all, but hopefully it will get us moving.

For example I’d suggest that the Obligations of Data Controllers document would be a valuable one for all WG members to read.

We also had a bit of a discussion on how to handle discussion of the ‘Privacy Shield’ issue - an issue that is very rapidly changing with knew documents appearing regularly. It demonstrates a problem with our work - some areas change so rapidly that we will need to keep updating the document list regularly, rather than hope to summarise relevant inputs during this document summary part of the process.

David

Sent from my iPad