[Gnso-rds-pdp-privacy] Privacy Team Checklist - 19 April 13:00

Marika Konings marika.konings at icann.org
Wed Apr 20 20:52:17 UTC 2016

Steve, in relation to your question:

It is also not clear who responded to the public comment notice on the
Discussion Document; what their comments were; and how if at all ICANN took
these into account. In contrast to the usual notice appearing on the ICANN
public comment page, it does not appear that any ³comment forum² was
published, nor any summary of the comments received. Finally, the current
status of the ICANN-provided ³potentially legitimate purposes² is unknown.
Perhaps ICANN compliance could provide more information on these points.

We followed up with the responsible staff and received the following
feedback:

A summary of the public comments should have been posted.  We will correct
the deficiency.

A revised Description of 2013 RAA Data Retention Specification ­ Data
Elements, Legitimate Purposes for Collection/Retention and Recipients of
Data was posted on 10 August 2015.

See

https://www.icann.org/news/announcement-2015-08-10-en
<https://www.icann.org/news/announcement-2015-08-10-en>