[Gnso-rds-pdp-privacy] Docs most relevant in our Privacy Subgroup summary

Stephanie Perrin stephanie.perrin at mail.utoronto.ca
Tue Apr 26 06:07:41 UTC 2016

These are good questions Steve.  I am at the IWGDPT spring meeting and
will ask if the group or leadership would be able to answer them. I can
assure folks, however, even though I have not personally gone through
the 400 page regulation (many of the folks here at the meeting are still
working their way through the detailed analysis) that the basic
principles of the Directive, on which the WHOIS analysis is based have
not been made irrelevant.  I doubt I will be able to get a formal
statement, but I will certainly ask for guidance from the members of the
group who are engaged on the issue of the RDS.  Everyone I have spoken
to expect a rather smooth transition to the new regime, although
certainly there are enough administrative and enforcement changes to
require a great deal of work over the next few years.

Our group, alternatively and for greater certainty, could of course
simply write to the Article 29 working party and ask what repercussions
the new Regulation might have on their previous guidance.

kind regards,

Stephanie Perrin