[gnso-rds-pdp-purpose] Purpose Team Checklist - 6 April

nathalie coupet nathaliecoupet at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 10 13:23:41 UTC 2016

Good morning,
I've summarized in a few words the gist of both documents, and you will find the most important passages in the word files attached hereto. 2003 report ICANN | GNSO Whois Task Force Final Report on Accuracy and Bulk Access | 19 February 2003Purpose: Data collected must be accurate and reliable, or else registrant’s site should be deleted. Illegitimate purpose: Use of bulk access WHOIS data for marketing should not be permitted.
WHOIS Task Force Report (2007):
http://gnso.icann.org/en/issues/whois-privacy/whois-services-final-tf-report-12mar07.htmThe two issues not agreed, i.e., the purpose of WHOIS contacts, and the question whether there should be a change in data from that now published, are unlikely ever to be the subject even of rough consensus among the interested parties.   The definition of purpose of WHOIS differs according to the stakeholder group.

Best regards,
Nathalie Coupet

|   |
| ICANN | GNSO Whois Task Force Final Report on Accura...Table of Contents Introduction I. Consensus Policies II. Recommendations to ICANN and Registrars: Accuracy of WHOIS Data and Review. III. Discussion of th... |
|  |
| View on archive.icann.org | Preview by Yahoo |
|  |
|   |

 Nathalie Coupet Translator & Interpreter English, French, Creole Cell: (786) 554-9638