[gnso-rds-pdp-purpose] Fwd: Consolidate Summaries and Complete Team Outputs

Nathalie Peregrine nathalie.peregrine at icann.org
Mon Apr 18 12:26:19 UTC 2016

Received, Susan.

From: <gnso-rds-pdp-purpose-bounces at icann.org<mailto:gnso-rds-pdp-purpose-bounces at icann.org>> on behalf of "susank at fb.com<mailto:susank at fb.com>" <susank at fb.com<mailto:susank at fb.com>>
Date: Monday, April 18, 2016 at 2:22 PM
To: "Gnso-rds-pdp-purpose at icann.org<mailto:Gnso-rds-pdp-purpose at icann.org>" <Gnso-rds-pdp-purpose at icann.org<mailto:Gnso-rds-pdp-purpose at icann.org>>
Subject: [gnso-rds-pdp-purpose] Fwd: Consolidate Summaries and Complete Team Outputs

Hello All

I don't think anyone received this sending again with the correct email address.

Lisa can you confirm you received it?

Sent from my iPhone

Begin forwarded message:

From: Susan kawaguchi <susank at fb.com<mailto:susank at fb.com>>
Date: April 16, 2016 at 4:20:10 PM GMT+1
To: "gnso-rds-pdp-purpose-bounces at icann.org<mailto:gnso-rds-pdp-purpose-bounces at icann.org>" <gnso-rds-pdp-purpose-bounces at icann.org<mailto:gnso-rds-pdp-purpose-bounces at icann.org>>

Thank you all for continuing to finish up the document summaries.  We are almost complete on that part of our work.   As we discussed on the last call we need to move on to consolidate the summaries and agree on the input and answer the questions in (b.) below.
Lisa has kindly updated our documents as of yesterday and provided links below:

Today's purpose team checklist (attached) has been posted to the wiki at:
https://community.icann.org/x/p4xlAw

<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__community.icann.org_x_p4xlAw&d=CwMBAg&c=5VD0RTtNlTh3ycd41b3MUw&r=gvEx8xF7ynrYQ7wShqEr-w&m=AUIg1ROlZY-UCcmqJiMVXiG90kHfWR_FX0dt7xFeJIM&s=222YtYduCtIqMZWPRC5KDtQZBUb2nPIcXQhkNAh0EX0&e=>Just one new doc added to the list, already assigned.

Everyone should now be reviewing the summaries already submitted, thinking about questions posed to each team in https://community.icann.org/x/iTeAAw<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__community.icann.org_x_iTeAAw&d=CwMBAg&c=5VD0RTtNlTh3ycd41b3MUw&r=gvEx8xF7ynrYQ7wShqEr-w&m=AUIg1ROlZY-UCcmqJiMVXiG90kHfWR_FX0dt7xFeJIM&s=byj2n5lx4emtCw4LC5Dt-lLFnvhWS6Ms0sQfQNIMzGE&e=>

You are encouraged to share possible purpose team answers to these questions on this list. For easy review of email threads, see this list's archive: http://mm.icann.org/pipermail/gnso-rds-pdp-purpose/<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__mm.icann.org_pipermail_gnso-2Drds-2Dpdp-2Dpurpose_&d=CwMBAg&c=5VD0RTtNlTh3ycd41b3MUw&r=gvEx8xF7ynrYQ7wShqEr-w&m=AUIg1ROlZY-UCcmqJiMVXiG90kHfWR_FX0dt7xFeJIM&s=6yJ872Hi-_sE6ULQTYglhtIOLWM2ALzj8OCceC_pDpM&e=>

Plan to Consolidate Summaries and Complete & Present Team Outputs:
In the near-term, team outputs will inform finalization of the WG's work plan and early outreach to SO/ACs and GNSO SG/Cs - tasks required at the start of every GNSO PDP WG. Longer-term, team outputs will help the full WG find and absorb relevant input documents to inform its deliberations.
To achieve both these objectives, the leadership team proposes the following next steps:

a.     Staff to update team checklists to track all summaries as they are submitted and consolidate those summaries (with hyperlinks to each input and email) into a single PDF per team.

b.     Each team to consider that consolidated PDF to address the following questions:

(i)     Did this input inventory produce any insights to inform the WG's work plan?

(ii)   Which inputs are likely to be the most important during WG deliberations and why?

(iii)  Which inputs generated the most discussion within the small team?

(iv)  Which inputs may be obsolete or super-ceded by subsequent work?

(v)    Is the input list complete? If not, what gaps should be addressed later?

(vi)  Other key takeaways from this input inventory the team wishes to share with the WG

c.     Each team to discuss the above questions via email over the next week and present their draft answers to the full WG during the 20 April WG call.

d.     Each team to use input lists, summaries, and answers to these questions complete their team's output template before the end of April. That output will be available for reference as the full WG returns to finalizing its Phase 1 work plan and initial outreach message, and during the WG's Phase 1 deliberations to follow.

Please review the summaries that are submitted and answer the questions in (b).  Hoping to complete this via email discussion but if you think we should schedule a call to discuss please let me know.

Thanks again,
Susan Kawaguchi
Domain Name Manager
Facebook Legal Dept.