[gnso-rds-pdp-wg] Use Case - False registration data to appear as Facebook owned domain name

Ade Cheek ade.cheek at legitscript.com
Mon Aug 1 18:36:44 UTC 2016

Onlinenic - No comment

Anyway, the address is valid, as in actually exists, hence the initial
"validation". You don't need me to tell you that a large number of
registrars simply automate the address check process and when complaints
arise, they can claim that they had conducted validation checks. More often
than not (in my experience) the complaint is then dropped by ICANN.

As silly as this sounds, if the sender address is not monitored, then the
reply that it's not valid will simply not be read. I also see that they ask
you to "contact your domain name Service Provider for direct assistance" if
you need to correct any information. Again, don't contact us, it's not our
problem.