[gnso-rds-pdp-wg] Authorizing specific usages such as warrants or credit checks

Rob Golding rob.golding at astutium.com
Thu Aug 4 00:55:49 UTC 2016

> Credit Checks
> =============
> In my mind, this *could* be similar because it also involves getting
> access to private data only for a specific lookup. So, rather than
> granting a for-profit, private company access to all private data of
> everyone with a domain name, the person who wants a service can
> authorize a sort of credit/background check. This check could indeed
> give complete access to all records for that person, but in principle
> need not give the company access to all data.

This is perhaps "backwards".

Someone doing a "check" doesn't need to be _provided_ with personal
data, as opposed to them _providing_ the data and getting a Yes/No
response.

A bank doesn't hand out the name & address of their account holders (as
a general rule)

They do respond to financial queries from 3rd-parties when asked along
the lines of  _name_ of _address_ says they have an account with you,
_details_, attached is their approval of this enquiry, can you confirm ?
Plus those queries are logged, and available for the account holder to
audit/get details of.

Rob
Rob Golding   rob.golding at astutium.com
Astutium Ltd, Number One Poultry, London. EC2R 8JR

* domains * hosting * vps * servers * cloud * backups *