[gnso-rds-pdp-wg] @EXT: RE: Use cases: Fundamental, Incidental, and Theoretical

Stephanie Perrin stephanie.perrin at mail.utoronto.ca
Fri Aug 5 14:52:04 UTC 2016

Thanks for making this point.  One of the risks to law abiding end
users, who are not checking their domain registrations every day like
big corporations do, is that identity theft will surely follow greater
accuracy requirements.  Since many governments have failed to take
ownership of the problem of ID theft (I can speak knowledgeably for
Canada, but plenty of international work on this topic leads me to
believe the matter is falling between stools elsewhere) we need to focus
on this genuine risk to end users. Not much written about it, do we have
a document we can add to our list so that we can digest a potential
requirement?

regards

Stephanie Perrin