[gnso-rds-pdp-wg] ICANN Board approves Privacy & Proxy Services PDP recommendations

Greg Aaron gca at icginc.com
Fri Aug 19 13:56:01 UTC 2016

FYI if you did not see it; this action is now officially published.  The recommendations are very relevant to our RDS WG, and I suggest that at some point we review the recommendations.

"Resolved (2016.08.09.08), the Board hereby adopts all the final recommendations of the Privacy & Proxy Services Accreditation Issues PDP Working Group, as passed by a unanimous vote of the GNSO Council on 21 January 2016 ("Privacy/Proxy Policy Recommendations").

Resolved (2016.08.09.09), the Board directs the President and CEO, or his authorized designee, to develop and execute an implementation plan, including costs and timelines, for the Privacy/Proxy Policy Recommendations consistent with ICANN Bylaws Annex A and the Implementation Review Team Guidelines & Principles endorsed by the Board on 28 September 2015 (see https://www.icann.org/resources/board-material/resolutions-2015-09-28-en - 2.f), and to continue communication with the community on such work. In the event that policy issues arise in the course of implementation discussions, they should be referred back to the GNSO in accordance with the framework for implementation associated with GNSO policy recommendations, including the Implementation Review Team Guidelines & Principles.

Resolved (2016.08.09.10), the Board acknowledges the GAC's advice from the Helsinki Communiqué regarding the Privacy/Proxy Policy Recommendations. The Board will consider the GAC's advice and provide input to the Implementation Review Team for consideration in implementation planning." https://www.icann.org/resources/board-material/prelim-report-2016-08-09-en

The Final Report and recommendations are here: https://gnso.icann.org/en/issues/raa/ppsai-final-07dec15-en.pdf

All best,
--Greg