[gnso-rds-pdp-wg] For WG Review - Redlined Problem Statement

Stephanie Perrin stephanie.perrin at mail.utoronto.ca
Tue Aug 23 17:46:46 UTC 2016

I think this is a fair point, and I am guilty of saying end users do not
know what WHOIS is.  I will in future say most small businesses,
individual registrants, and associations do not know what WHOIS is....

Thanks

Stephanie Perrin

On 2016-08-23 12:35, Susan Kawaguchi wrote:
> Volker,
>
> I completely disagree with your statement most registrants do not even
> what whois isŠ.  I might agree with most internet users do not know what
> registration data is or where to find it but a good portion of domain
> names are registered to commercial entities who completely understand the
> whois and use it daily for domain name management.
>
> I am sure you receive inquiries about whois from some registrants but I
> would guess the vast majority of registrants understand whois.
> Susan Kawaguchi
> Domain Name Manager
> Facebook Legal Dept.
>

> On 8/23/16, 9:27 AM, "gnso-rds-pdp-wg-bounces at icann.org on behalf of
> Volker Greimann" <gnso-rds-pdp-wg-bounces at icann.org on behalf of
> vgreimann at key-systems.net> wrote:
>
>> I tend to agree. Most registrants do not even know what whois is...
>>

>> Volker

>>> RDS
>>> Correct - I believe they have a vested interest in there not being an
>>> RDS
>>> system
>>>
>>> Rob
>>>

>>> ---
>>>
>>> https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.avast.com_antivi
>>> rus&d=DQIF-g&c=5VD0RTtNlTh3ycd41b3MUw&r=gvEx8xF7ynrYQ7wShqEr-w&m=urT5CZcn
>>> XwGvl43p6PPaxa7CQx8mZT7ZsafsbqAkLcc&s=zEmZ1lTVED4qGJFCLfh1cgrCvpUl5xhzj7Y
>>> HszgNSyg&e=

>>> xF7ynrYQ7wShqEr-w&m=urT5CZcnXwGvl43p6PPaxa7CQx8mZT7ZsafsbqAkLcc&s=mQl2M12