[gnso-rds-pdp-wg] For WG Review - Redlined Problem Statement

Andrew Sullivan ajs at anvilwalrusden.com
Tue Aug 23 19:32:36 UTC 2016

On Tue, Aug 23, 2016 at 03:15:40PM -0400, Ayden Férdeline wrote:
> This is a point that I made in my original email.

Since you seem to be admitting that the data is irrelevant to any
point about registrants, I'm not sure why we're talking about it.

> It was an attempt to introduce empirical evidence into a discussion around whether or not there is familiarity with WHOIS. Linking to this study commissioned by ICANN was not intended to serve as a “distraction”.

What you intended is no concern of mine.  The point is that it _is_ a
distraction, because whoever commissioned the study (also completely
irrelevant), it is not a study about registrants' familiarity with
this tool, and that's what we're discussing.  There are lots of
studies in the world that are not about domain name registrants, and
none of them has anything to do with registrants' familiarity with
whois either.

ajs at anvilwalrusden.com